Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: Cherokee Striper Action????

I have followed them for 20+years on Cherokee and I have notes on the Stripers going back that far .I could almost tell you to the day where they would be.. The pattern is not the same this year or last ..Why?? Maybe the water has been to warm.But they do usually run up river to spawn and start back down the end of March or April .And by May or June they are at the dam. Heard this on the T.V. That the Salmon run in the west was running about a month late ?/Global Warming ?? Maybe that applies to to the Stripers .We had very little rain this year and the temperature has been real high.Maybe one of the TWRA Game Bio's.might know more about this.. YANK

Post Thanks / Like

You now I think there may be something to that glopbal warming thing. Look at the changes in weather patterns over the last 5 years or so. With the lake down about 10 feet more than it was this time last year we are going top have to extra careful. I am glad I am using a 4x4 to launchg with. I don't trust some of the ramps. They were a little ify last year after Thanksgiving. We did find some fish up in the Poor Creek area. A large amount of small bait though.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't stand it.... Went Sunday night (20th) to bass fish a little prior to trying the striper on Monday morning. Had a good night considering the conditions (rained some) Caught several fish in the 3+ pound range and one striper about 19 lbs around macedonia flats area all on spinnerbaits. Fished most of the day Monday with a couple of hybrids on 1 oz doll flys back in small coves off the main lake. Did see a few birds but no top water activity yet. Thanks to everyone for the information. I had as much fun catching bass while looking for stripers on Monday even with the rain.