Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

norris lake dam area

I looking to go to Dale Hollow or to Norris to fish for smallmouth. I heard a really good report for Norris, night fishing last weekend. I was wondering if anybody was doing any good in the day time at norris. I have never fished this end of the lake. Are there any good places to stay near the dam?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: norris lake dam area

The best bet for a place to stay is at the Norris Clinton exit. There is a Holiday Inn express there.There are also a lot of places to eat at that exit. The second Lake City exit has a couple of maw and paw motels and there is a Craker Barrel , The day fishing is off and on depending on how bright the sun or how strong the cold front. Sunday morning when it was very cloudy the fish were almost jumping in the boat, Friday when it was bluebird and cold the fish were almost impossible to catch. This week end is supposed to be cloudy and rainey so the Smallies will be up and chasing.The water temps have been running in the mid 50's the lake is very clear for the most part. The night bite has been great if you can stay out there. Roll a spinnerbait on the main channel points.Good Luck Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help have you heard anything from dale hollow? I cant decide where I want to go this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to the dam always fish up the river around cedar grove. Can you please tell me the best way to get to the dam from I 75, assuming there is a ramp in that area. I am just looking for a good place to put in that has good fishing in the area with out running several miles.

Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 ways. If you take the 2nd Lake City exit turn left when you get to the bottom of the ramp. That will take you straight to Norris Marina which is right next to thje dam. Igf you take the Norris Clinton exit turn left at the end of ther ramo. proceed about 1 mile to hyw 441. Turn left on 441 and that will take you to the same marina at the dam.441 is also known as Norris Freeway. This week end is supposed to be a little rainey and overcast. The weather is supposed to be fairly warm for this time of the year. The Smallies will be on.Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

Gator, I assumed that you were coming soputh on I75. If you are traveling north the turns will be right hand off the interstate.The norris exit is closest to Knoxville. The Lake City exit is closest to Kentucky.