I keep reading entertaining articles on various topics pertaining to the species we are all obsessed with.

Yes.....the SMALLMOUTH BASS. I read about the admirations we share for this super species...How we cast endless till our arms crack off, how we skip days from work and lie to the wives. The Dale Hollow Smallmouth and for the rest that swim in the Tennessee waters that we all fish for are a diamond in the rough.

Very few places will they reach the sizes we are out to catch. That leads me to my question:

* ITS 2005, almost 2006: WHY DO ALOT OF US EVEN CONSIDER MOUNTING THESE FISH THE OLD FASHION WAY?????? WHEN FIBERGLASS MOUNTS ARE PRESENT TO PRESERVE THE FISHERY, PROTECT THE BIG BEAUTIES, AND WILL LAST AND LOOK BETTER AND LONGER THAN A SKIN MOUNT.*

Sorry, I dont get it. Next time you see a real good mount, ask who did it. Often times its a guy with good fiberglass work. You will feel better about yourself if you do.

Take good pictures, measure the fish(Girth, length, whatever) then let her go. Blow the original picture up and put it next to the mount. Doesn't that make more sense. And guys, its not the money. A regular mount is only gonna save you a few bucks on a 22-24 inch fish anyway.

I didn't want to rant and rave....I just got back from Dale Hollow. I live in Chicago and I really can appreciate what you folks have down there thats all.

Good Fishin!

Ropesa