Well a group of us just got back from the Hollow. We stayed 4 days and tried our luck with the FLOAT N FLY.

I will say, it was a learning experience. We had a rough first couple days. The lake had us baffled. Fished around Cedar Hill and that area till the third day when we traveled up to Hendricks Creek. There I bumped into a guide, Bobby Gentry. What a nice guy. Really took time to help us out, and help he did. So much that Im coming back in two weeks to fish with him for a day in search for a biggin.

Anyway, not to stray off too much, we modified our presentations, doped the crap out of our jigs, switched to a different presentation and WHAM!.......Got a 19" beauty on my second cast. Absolutely rediculous. What a difference some advice makes. We kept fishin, still kinda guessing our way around the middle of the lake and boated 5 more. (15,15,17,19,20,20) in total.

The following day we only managed 2 fish before we had to pack up and leave.

All but one fish were caught on the FNF. We fished 9-11 feet down. 10 feet is perfect right now. We used a 1/16 oz jig, primarily that grey duck feather, with chartruese on the bottom and a little blue. That worked the best. Make sure the dope is on that sucker. Find a bit of wind, and work your boat in 25-35 ft of water.

Im no pro, but thats what we did. Lot of fun. If you want more pointers and want to get out, check out www.bobbygentry.com

Give him a call......Its worth it.

I will get some pics up when i get the photos developed.

Ropes