Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fish2Win--Norris and Rain

If my memory is right you made a statement once on here that the Norris smallmouth really turn on in rain or bad weather. That's been my experience there in the spring - 2 years ago in April I dodged lightning bolts for 3 days and probably got only 1 full day of fishing in but caught more 2-4 lb. smallmouth than I could count.

My question to you is this--in your experience does that hold true in wintertime as well?

JCB

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hey Fish2Win--Norris and Rain

Some of the best days I have had were in December when I was scared I would fall on the ice that was collecting on the deck while I was cranking for smallmouth.Last year BradT and i were catching bass at Norris in December. On that day the bottom of the boat turned white 2 times to the point you could not see the red carpet. keep this in mind. December is still fall transition at Norris. Once the smallies start to suspend in the winter I dont know. I do know that right now a cloudy day is a plus and with the warm rain that is coming tommorrow I would be looking for main channel washes and mud lines. Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hey Fish2Win--Norris and Rain

Thanks, Fish2Win.

Wanted to go today so we could catch the rain, but my buddy can't go until Monday. Since he's the one with the boat, I reluctantly agreed. :o)

We'll see what this warming spell will do - probably keep them from suspending a little while longer...?

JCB