Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what is the best rain gear??????????

i am in the market for some new rain gear. was thinking about the frogg togg line.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: what is the best rain gear??????????

Frogg Toggs are ok if you can't afford something more expensive. Goretex type rainware would be my first choice.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't recommend the frogg toggs, I bought a pair a couple weeks ago and tryed them; results.. tore the pants seam, got wet through the jacket and im sending them back. I've heard alot of good things about them, but through personal experience they're not built to last too long or to keep you dry during heavy rains. Try looking at cabelas, they have some lightweight rain gear.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Frog Toggs and I love them. I have had no problems with them. I also have a Cabelas Guideware Parka with gortex and that is excellent. Along with that parka I wear Cabelas rain pants with dry plus and I am very happy with them too. In the summer you can't beat Frog Toggs becasue they are light wait and breath quite well so you don't sweat in them. For the winter, I prefer my Cabelas guideware.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the night from Hades 2 summers ago. Sat thru, what I found out later was, 3 inches of rain in 4 hours on Lake Cumberland. I got absolutely drenched for we just floated around up in this cove 4 miles from the nearest marina. It was raining too hard to drive and too hard to fish, especially on a lake that I had only been on 2 ohter times at night. Lightning strikes all over and here we were in my Aluminum Tracker. My best friend had on Frogg Toggs and the only thing that got wet was his feet where the pants ended and his tennis shoes began. Not a drop on him anywhere else. I found this out when the rain stopped around 6am as the sun was coming up and I was looking for anything dry to wipe off my glasses. He opens up his zipper and uses his T Shirt to wipe them off. I could have jumped in the lake and been drier. He was dry as sand. Sold me on Frogg Toggs, too bad that they don't make them in my size for I would own a set.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Attn: holstonangler

My brother had a problem with his Frog Toggs leaking along a seam in the pants. We took them back to the Cincinnati boat show last night (1 year later) and they replaced the entire rain suit with no questions asked. They said they had a 1 year warranty. I just thought I would let you know. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the Cabelas Ultimate stuff...it's real good...a little heavy and hot in warmer weather. I've gone to a lighter weight outfit....Marmot Precept. They are super dry...won gear of the year award in 03 when they came out. Pants and jacket should run you about $260 from REI.com. This allows me to go heavy or light thermals underneath depending on the conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

update: frogg toggs sent me a new pair of the camo rainwear, so i trusted them and fished all day sunday in the rain. Result: I was soaking wet from head to toe. My bud had a pair of the 100 mph rainwear from Basspro and he managed to stay dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Cabela's Guidewear (not Gore-Tex) and while it's a bit warm on really hot days, on cooler, windy days it's great. Never a leak anywhere. Good in wintertime as you can bundle up underneath it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas Guidewear hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

Frogg Toggs #####! First outfit were not treated and was as wet as if I didn't have them on. Sent back for full refund. Was at a boat show and they had a booth, I complained to the salesman and he sold me another set after telling me that the ones I had purchased were not treated and gave me a discount. I bit, they lasted about 2 seasons and then the bibs ripped and the jacket started to leak. Threw them away. I do have the Cabelas guidewear and it is the best I have ever worn. Just a little heavy for warm weather.
    geobass

Post Thanks / Like

Froggtoggs never had a problem with mine I've had them 3 yrs I use them yr round Work well for me