Search Fishin.com

Thread: stripers?????

Post Thanks / Like

stripers?????

i was wondering if anyone was catching stripers. I would like to try out Norris or any of the steamplants around the knoxville area. I usually fish cumberland and old hickory but want to try different places out. I am a catch and release fisherman and want to try out some new water. i will not keep any of the big stripers i catch from the river areas because i know how valuable of a resource they are and i hate to see them going under the knife. I have noticed the impact of people not releasing fish on old hickory and it is just unbelieveable how many big fish we used to see and how few you see now. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: stripers?????

The two Steamplants in the Knoxville area worth checking out are the Kingston Steam Plant in Kingston off of I-40 and Bull Run Steam Plant out of Oak Ridge. I haven't been to either this year but I am hearing reasonable reports out of those areas, especially Kingston. I was going to go there last weekend, but I ended up going to the Old Hickory Steam Plant. We didn't catch any stripers, but we did have a blast catching skipjack and white bass. Good luck.