Launched out of New Johnsonville, about 8 a.m. on Sunday the 5th. Tried near Camden Landing for a while, caught one short sauger and an albino catfish. Decided to move to the Duck river. Only one other boat at the Duck. Wind was out of the west and creating some heavy waves, so made my drifts upstream of the bend in the river. Water temp was 49-50, and the water was pretty clear for the TN River. Current was moderate. I fished with 1 1/4 oz. jig tipped with large shiners. Mostly white on white, but wasn't doing that well, so changed to pink head with white body and did a little better. I caught twelve or so, with three over the 14" minimum. All came out of 38-40 feet. I tried different depths from 35 - 50 feet throughout the day. I saw another boat with two guys in it doing better than I was, so the bite was better than my numbers indicate. All my fish were 12 inches to 15. I caught all three keepers between 3 and 4 p.m, and then called it a day. I kept the three legal fish, but found no eggs in them. One spilled his milk on the filet table, so I know I had at least one male.

Now I am wondering if the sauger have spawned already? With the warmer water would they spawn early? It's possible all my fish were male; what would that indicate?

Tight lines; Jimbo