Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Steam Plant Stripers

Anybody catching any yet? It seems like this year has been off so far at Bull run.

I fished Saturday with only a few strikes (from musky).

Bd- Do you think the temps and lack of rain have had an affect? Any night fishing lately?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Steam Plant Stripers

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-06 AT 06:49AM (EST)[/font][p]Bull Run has definately been pretty slow, its partly due to the fact that they are not running norris dam much. Kingston has been more productive for stripers this winter so far. The TSBA is having their tournament on Saturday at kingston city park and im sure some in the club will fish around the steamplant. As for night fishing i have taken some cut bait trips but only been able to hook up with mr whiskers.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Bull Run - my home waters for striper fishing are the Cumberland river system in the Middle TN area, and the only steam plant I fish regularly is the TVA plant in Gallatin.

Our striper fishing here was actually better before the recent increase in rainfall. The water clarity was much better than usual, and I'm sure that was due to the dry weather in the summer and fall. We weren't catching any monsters, but very good numbers of fish in the 20-25 pound range. The only negative point is the high abundance of baitfish this year, which has made fishing with artificial lures a little tough (it's harder to fool a fish with a fake when there's so much real bait around). Live bait fishing has been very good though.

Since the heavy rain a few weeks ago, the river has stayed muddy and things have slowed down some. If we get a couple dry weeks and clarity improves I expect it will pick up again.

bd

Post Thanks / Like

Hey BD,

Any report from Kingston this weekend?

The hill was off and cold.

Thanks,

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

You might be getting me confused with the BD from Nashville. Bull Run steamplant has been off since saturday morning, it is indeed going to be shut down for 50 days. I was all excited about hitting Bull Run on a snowy saturday and was sick to find out it was off. I headed down to kingson later that morning and my buddy landed a 17 lb striper. Heard of a few others being caught ~20-23 lbs. After the snow quit, the stripers quit feeding. We're having a striper tourney this saturday taking out at kingston city park at 1pm. It would be a good chance to meet some good striper anglers from around the region.

Billy Davis
    BDav38@aol.com