Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow Upcoming Weekend Info?

Hello. Myself and about 13 guys will be coming down from kentucky to fish dale for smallies April 20-23. We will be fishing the Tennessee side around the dam. My question is that with the spawn already happening what should we expect that weekend? Should it be tough fishin or what. i thought about targeting the main lake flats with weeds on them with a spinnerbait or should i try something else? I am not asking for your secret spots or anything, just asking on what my outlook should be. Thanks for the information and i will let ya know if we did any good!!! Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dale Hollow Upcoming Weekend Info?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-06 AT 11:10PM (EST)[/font][p]Reports I've heard is that with this full moon everything is spawing and the smallmouth have slowed. There should be some fish off the beds by the time you get there. I slow roll or swim a Kalin grub off the bottom on flats early in the mornings that time of year. Best bite is usually very early. They seem to move to deeper water during the middle of the day. Thats the pattern that works for me close to May. If it's overcast they will stay shallow during the day. A little wind helps keep them off guard also. If that doesn't work you can always throw a worm or fluke (weightless) around laydowns. The early morning spinner bait is often hot that time of year. If all else fails live bait may save the trip. You can try main lake flats, creek flats, flat points if they are shallow. If they are deeper you could try the North side of Goat islands or the humps around them or anywhere there is a creek or river channel close to a spawning flat. I'm not expert but this is what works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dale Hollow Upcoming Weekend Info?

Plowboy gave good information. I fished this past Saturday
    and the smallmouth bite was tough. It will probably be a few weeks before they are feeding heavy, due to the spawn.