Tough bite. I talked to a few tournament fishermen Saturday and they were hit and miss. I ran up into the head of three major creeks until the water got slim and fished the flats around the creek channels. I caught several but the biggest was only 4 pounds and caught them all on a plastic worm. I tried cranks and spinnerbaits but got nothing. I trolled a deep running, craw colored Bandit 15-20 feet a couple miles and caught a small sauger (I'm going back to that spot with some minnows). The crappie bite in shallow water has slowed up, except for some small ones. I talked to one guy that was catching some large crappie in 20 feet of water. I left out about 6:30 Sunday morning and the shad minnows were "crawling up the banks" flipping like crazy. I threw a spinner bait, a fluke and an in-line spinner into them and didn't get the first bite. That's the first time that has ever happened to me (not getting a bite in that situation). I saw a few bass hitting top water close to some floating docks before 8:00 - nothing after. Didn't see the first striper blow up either morning. I went Friday night from 10 p.mp until 1:00 a.m. but didn't hear any top water activity and didn't catch a fish. I think the shad must be coming up later than 1:00 because I've never seen that kind of activity (on Norris anyway) with the shad crawling up the banks at daybreak unless they had been active around the points sometime during the night. I believe the topwater action is getting ready to bust loose down here within a week. I'll let you know. Good luck!