Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

ChatterBait Craze

What's all this commotion about chatterbait. Uncle Lee's in Greenville, Ky has a bunch @ $5.99 ea. You can order the blades from Janns Netcraft for $2.39 per 10. Hope this helps you jig pitchers.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: ChatterBait Craze

I can't speak for others, but my experience is that the bait is one of the very best vibrations out there. I like to fish it as a shallow crankbait, or a spinnerbait. They are nearly snag proof, and I have caught some decent fish... nothing spectacular, but they are great at covering water and finding fish.

Finally, sure we could easily copy the design, it would be less expensive, but in reality it would be the same as copying a computer program, and this is known as intellectual theivery.

Besides that, I am just a tad bit lazy...LOL... easier to buy them at Uncle Lee's than to build my own.

Just my take, but I am hooked on the bait. It is not a wonder bait that will catch fish everytime, but as all tools, it has its place and time. I can't wait to fish it over the grass beds that are growing.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

The big deal WAS the availability. Only a few weeks ago the only big outlet was eBay and for outlandish prices...... supply and demand! The bait is like described and not a super catch all. I waited in line and ordered mine from the manufacturer (Radlures) and am very satisfied with them. I have to believe that the whole controversy/issue was a marketing genius. Advertised as the next new rage by the pro's and then making them as scarce and hard to find as Osama just peaked curiousity. I chose not to pay 3x the price at eBay but certainly don't blame those who did or the sellers. Opportunity is key here. Fishing is a book of opportunity.... enjoy it! Good fishing to all. Shoalrunner

Post Thanks / Like

What prompted this post was the fact that I read guys were buying sheets of stainless and trying to cut their blades. I ordered blades and rec. them yesterday. They are exactly the same dementions as the originals except for thickness. The Netcraft blade are .020 thick and the orignals are .013.
    With a no. 2 duo snap and 1 or 2 split rings (depending on the line tie on your jig) you can make a Chatterbait out of any jig you presently have, just a matter of economics.
    Eagle Claw made a blade in 1998 called the Eaker Shaker+, 9 different sizes, use vertical or horizontal, depending on the action you wanted. Won Best of Show at the IGFA show in 1998.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I assembled a few lures using the chatter bades and checked them in the pool, same action same vibration. Total cost $1.63 , including Biteme jig,skirt and blade. By the way Netcraft has the blades on back order. Can't fool the average fisherman for long. He, He.