Search Fishin.com

Thread: DOUGLAS

Post Thanks / Like

DOUGLAS

GOING TO DOUGLAS 23RD & 24TH. ANY WORD ON WHAT LARGEMOUTH ARE HITTIN' WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: DOUGLAS

I fished Douglas the 9th. We caught 25 or 26 with almost all being over 12 and none being over 18. Early they hit a Stanley DBl willow spinnerbait that had gold blades and a bleading shad type skirt. Later in the morning hey were hitting a 7 1/2 inch Cherry seed Power worm. All fish came from the ends of secondary points 5 to 10 feet deep where there were big dark colored rocks. The water was clear and they were pulling at the dam.I saw white bass in the breaks in 3 places during the morning.All in open water.sevgeral boats were casting to them. We also caught 1 24 inch Saugeye on a spinnerbait. We fished from 5:45 until 10:30. Our rule is when we see the first jet ski its time to go and we did. Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

RE: DOUGLAS

I really appreciate the info. Talked to Dad last night. He is excited. We generally do Fathers Day weekend every year. But, this year our baseball runs in to that weekend. So, we are going to meet the 21st. Fish Thursday & Friday, go home Saturday. Hopefully the jet skis won't bother us too much during the week. Here in ky we got a few choice names for jet skis. On some lakes we fish, Cumberland, Taylorsville, Cave Run, and the likes, there are no ski areas. Helps some but you still get a few MOOOORONS that run by you in their big cabin cruisers. Oh well, not everybody can be as smart as fisherman!!!
    Again I appreciate the info and will be letting you know how we did.