Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any decent reel repair shops in Clarksville area?

I've got a bunch of reels that need a going over and don't want to send them away if I don't have to. Can drive to Clarksville easy enough (live in Paris) if there's someone there who is RELIABLE. Contact info pls.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Any decent reel repair shops in Clarksville area?

I was wondering the same thing. The guy that used to do my reels died last year, and nobody knows anyone else in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

I send my reels to Nutter Rod and Reel they do a GOOD Job. nutterrodandreel.com They are in Georgia and do an excellant job. I think they advertise on Fishen.Com YANK

Post Thanks / Like

I have been in the Ft Campbell/Clarksville area for 6 years and I haven't found anyone yet. I bought a little guide and the bearings for the reels (which are cheap and easy to buy from shimano or whoever) and have been doing them myself. Great little hobbie when the wife is yelling!! But CK Outfitters in Woodlawn repairs rods and sometimes they do reels. I would call for you to find out, but I am in Iraq.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Shawn!!!

While I'm not interested in reel repair, I am very interested in saying THANK YOU to a man who is working to keep MY way of life safe.

I hope you have a safe tour, and return home safe and sound.... and ready to fish. Once you are back, and ready to get on the water, let me know. I have a TR21, and love fishing KY and Barkley. I think I would very much like to say thanks with a fishing trip. Won't guarantee you will catch much...LOL... but I'm a great fisherman... kind of bad at catching.. but great fisherman.

Thank you again for your devotion to duty.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Thank you Shawn!!!

Thanks for the offer, I will definetly take you up on that. I tried to send you an email, if it doesn't work my email is shawn.mertens@us.army.mil. I finally get to go home around mid-September. Thanks again.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Shawn,

I'll check the email now, but just let me know when you get home. I love to fish, and really like having new fishing partners. You can't believe how much I can learn from new fishing partners!!!

Good luck, be safe, and let me know when you are ready to fish.

Thank you again for doing your job to keep us safe.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Just got back. Let me know when you got time to go. Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Shawn....

Haven't been down fishing for the last several weeks due to some health problems. My back has really been in bad shape. I'm hoping to try to squeeze a trip in this week for just a few hours... maybe only about 4 or 5 hours. I'm kind of targeting Tuesday right now. I have some committments to work out for the week, but if you think Tuesday would work for you, and you don't mind a short trip like that, let me know.

You can contact me either through the email address I have on this site, or through the private messaging system on this site. All you have to do is point your cursor at the icons at the top left of my post and you should get pop-up descriptions of what the icon does. One will say "email poster" and the other says PM the poster, I think.

Let me know... planning to go alone right now because I am thinking of such a short trip. Most guys who travel down to those lakes prefer a full day... 8 or 9 hours, and my back won't allow that at all.

Hope to hear from you.

PS, if you are interested, I'll plan to launch at Fenton Special events area, as I think that would be closer to you!! Otherwise I'll be going out of Mineral Mounds on Barkley.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Shawn....

Hey man,

When I was letting my wife know I was planning to go fishing Tuesday, she wished me luck... fully planning on my fishing. However she did remind me that I promised her great Uncle I would take him to see his brother this week. He, her great Uncle is 82, and he figures this will be the last time he sees him. So, I am a little at the mercy of when I need to take him.

Here is the email address I give out publically for messages:

curioustr21@yahoo.com

Email me there, and I will reply from my home email and if you include a number, I'll call you. Or, if you prefer, I'll let you call me. Either way.

I really look forward to our day on the water together.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any decent reel repair shops in Clarksville area?

Quote Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
    I've got a bunch of reels that need a going over and don't want to send them away if I don't have to. Can drive to Clarksville easy enough (live in Paris) if there's someone there who is RELIABLE. Contact info pls.
    Tightlinesrrr@aol.com I got out of the millitary in 2008 and have been repairing reels and rods since 2000 on the side for my friends. I realized I liked it so much that I wanted to start a small biz.
    I just began advertising on the internet not big yet but maby you guys can help build a brother up...
    352-615-6877
    txt or phone
    my rates are resonable. Thanks, db

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any decent reel repair shops in Clarksville area?

For what its worth,have placed you on my info web site of Ky Lake and surrounding area,no web page so its under local info,im not a forum just a website devoted to the local area.Heres a link to view http://www.freewebs.com/kylaketn/localinfo.htm