Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Watts Bar Info help

Anybody on the board here fish up at watts bar any? I see a post every now and then, but not much. I have a daytime tourney up there in early sept. and just trying to get some info and a headsup on what to expect. Thanks...283

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Watts Bar Info help

Ask again just before you go and I will give you a report. I have been catching a few keepers lately on Bandit 300's around points and bluffs. Very early in the a.m. I have been getting them on pearl super flukes weithed with a 1/8 oz. split shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie: Thanks for the reply and the tip. I have fished there twice in the very early spring the last two years and never really did alot of good. The water was really low both times (must have been at winter pool) and almost got into trouble in swallow water in the bayside marina area. We will be putting in at the Rockwood ramp in king's creek. Are you fishing this area or up in the Tn. river? Will holler back at you in a couple weeks. Thanks again for the help...283

Post Thanks / Like

I live about a mile upstream of the 58 bridge, so I fish mainly between there and Buck Creek. There are several good creek mouths and humps in the area. It is better around that structure when the current is moving, too.

Post Thanks / Like

>Ask again just before you go and I will give you a report. I
    >have been catching a few keepers lately on Bandit 300's around
    >points and bluffs. Very early in the a.m. I have been getting
    >them on pearl super flukes weithed with a 1/8 oz. split shot.

Hey Charlie 1 : Just wondering if you have been out on watts bar in the last few days? Heading up your way this coming saturday morning to try my hand on one of those good largeheads you guys have up there. Thanks...283 :-)

Post Thanks / Like

The last two evenings I have been catching them in about 8 feet using 300 series Bandits. I got some strikes on topwater, too. If you are goetting out early I would definitely throw some topwater at the rocky points. I have been catching some on channel drop offs on C-rigs. Try pumpkin and red shad. Tonight I caught some dinks with a rattle trap fishing around schools of bait fish in the flats next to deep water. There's got to big a big one in there somewhere. The flats were in 5 to 10 feet. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks charlie for the info and the reply. I was hoping that with the cooler temps that we had the last week or so it would bring them around to biting a little better especially the top water bite. Love to throw that buzz bait when it cools down or a spook. Again I really appreciate the help, will let you know how we do...283