Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Horse Creek Marina

I used to stay at Jacks but have not been down for a while last I heard he was real sick. They had a shake up in the help and pricing . I am going to try a head down this winter, is the place still in operation for the poor fisherman or did they go high dollar?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Horse Creek Marina

165 people looked and no one knows anything ? oh well....thanks for looking.:)

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping that you would get an reply, I had the same question. I go over in Dec. and Jan..

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been going there in April and Nov. for years but did not make
    it down in April this year so its been a year since Ive been there.
    I also had hoped someone who has been there lately would give us
    an update I was planing on going down late Nov.

Post Thanks / Like

Business as usual but under mgmt by another part of the Family. I been going there for over 25 yrs and the prices havent drastically increased with the exception of fuel. I dont use the house boats but have stayed in the cabins and hotel. Stayed there in June, cabin and hotel rates were the same from last year. Thomas has made improvements to the dock and cabins. My stay there was just as pleasant as all the times before. Jack was visiting the dock at times during our stay. Hope he continues to improve. The smallmouth havent noticed any change at all. Good Luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Astro for the comments Jack is a good guy hope he's around for a long time. I guesss its not too early to call and make res. for F-N-F season:-) :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info, we always stay in the motel also. It is kind of handy to be in the bed and see trucks driving in the road, by looking under the door..lol. We have gone the last couple of years between Christmas and New Years, Is that to late for the F n F action? We catch some but we are nat killing them.

Post Thanks / Like

December and January are the best months. For better results I highly recommend that you hire one of the Horse Creek Guides to show you some of the better spots. Bob Coan, Ralph Sandfer, Bobby Gentry, can all provide you a good trip and give you good ideas on where to fish. Bluff walls and the backs of creeks are all good places to start. Bob will shoot me but I like to find some wood. You are likely to find spots around wood, but structure that is under water I THINK holds fish. Gives them an ambush point. 10 to 12 feet deep seems to be the best depth to catch these fish. Points can be good at times, but for osme reason creeks off the main lake are best. The best UNKEPT secret is that back side of that point at the end of Horse Creek usually has some fish on it.. and around into the creek to the right as you are going out of Horse Creek.
    Bonus is in backs of some of those creeks you occasionally get a decent Rainbow to follow your fly as you are reeling it in.