Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Norris fishing help

Hey guys

Heading to Norris this year for Labor Day - staying at Deerfield. Just wondering if its worth our time to fish for stripers? I plan on mostly trolling and I'm open to catch just about anything. Any help with depth and structure to look for would be a big help. As of now i'm planning of pulling some umbrella rigs which i can get down around 35 ft. We're staying in Deerfield. Thanks again for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

help

You will need to go down stream a good ways to find the stripers . The stripers on the Powell side of the lake are on the lower end. Pull your baits at 30 to 35 feet. The lake is droping fast and the fish are staying near the thermocline. The thermocline is droping deeper as the lake falls. You will also find the walleye at that depth.On the Clinch side look near lost Creek or Island F. No big fish on either side but plenty of 8 to 12 lbders`. Good luck and remember that labor day is the 2nd biggest amature drunk day on the water. Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

RE: help

I will be down there for the UofL Footbal game. What is it like late September

Post Thanks / Like

The bite should be a littl;e better by the middle of September. There is a lot of unseasonably cool weather moving in which may speed things along.Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

thanks - i'll let you know how we do.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tips - we ran down to the dam and pulled u-rigs Sunday morning - no bites. we headed back up the lake and saw a large group of boats with down rods fishing where you would go left to the dam or right up a big creek. we marked lots of fish in that area and pulled the u-rig around some more with no bites. saw one boat land about a 10 lber. decided to go bass fishing Monday morning since we didn't have bait to striper fish. fished for an hour and caught 5 bass - 3 small KYs, 1 bigmouth and a nice 3 lb smallie. all fish were caught off of wood with a spinerbait or crankbait. the deeper the laydown the better.