Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Norris Lake- Help

My in-laws have a house on Cape Norris. I have never fished here, but I plan to in the next couple of weeks. There home is on the point near Straight Creek boat dock. Is this a good area to fish? Or would I be better off to fish some other area? Should I go up lake or down, the Powell or Clinch side? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Norris Lake- Help

YEAH STRAGHT CR. IS A GOOD PLACE TO FISH. WHAT ARE YOU FISHING FOR?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing for bass; LM,Spots,and SM. Should I fish the coves and cuts around Straight Creek or fish the steep main lake area? Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught all our fish on laydowns on deep banks but was a really tough bite last sat nite.If you go early in the morning i would throw spinner baits and top water. When it starts getting later try texas rig green pumpkin finnesse worms,jig head with worm or small spider jig fished on any wood you can find...GOOD LUCK and let me know how you do....

Post Thanks / Like

Try steeper banks. If it has big rock thats great and like RD said if you find big rock banks with tree's you may hit the jackpot. Also look for humps in 20 ft of water, should be good for smallies.
    Tequilla is always a good color for Norris also. Good luck let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Norris Lake- Help Fishing Report.

rdwilson and duece112371,
    Thanks to both of you. The infoemation provided made a good fishing trip for my wife and I. She said it was the 2nd best trip she had had!
    We fished Saturady and Sunday. Saturaday we fished 5 hours, started out around Bear Creek; we caught 3 SM w/ 1 keeper right at 18" and 2 large spots. One small mouth came off a watermelon lizzard and the rest all came off a watermelon candy shakey head worm. We finsihed out Saturday in a creek beloww 33 bridge, don't know the name of the creek. We caught 2 SM and 4 spots. 3 of the spots were nice and fat. The 2 smallmouth came off of pump. power craw. 1 of the spots of a splatter back bandit. The remaining 3 spots came off jigs in cumberland craw color. All these fish were on steep banks with wood.
    Sunday we fished the main lake below 33 bridge. We fished 3 hours starting at about 11:45 AM. We caught a total of 7 spots. All but one were nice healthy 13-16" fish. The came on a buffet of lures. 2 on spinner bait, 1 on a buzz bait, 3 on crankbait: 1 on splatter back and 2 on a bomber white chat. crank. and I caught 1 swiming a white a jig. All these fish came on main lake points or just inside them on wood.
    I want to say thank you again. Duece the info you provided definitely
    put me at a great starting point, Thank you!
    I plan to pull my boat down more often and continue to learn and enjoy this beautiful lake. We try to visit the In-laws every other month. If anyone would ever like to join me let me know, I will post befoe coming.
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Norris Lake- Help Fishing Report.

Glad that you had a succesful trip. I am more than glad to help anytime that I can,because if it wasnt for FISH2WIN. I wouldn't of had a clue on how or where to fish norris when I started fishing it. That is what this board is about in my opinion, to help others out when you can. If you ever want to shoot me a email my address is duece112371@hotmail.com
    God Bless and I hope you always have tight lines. Duece

Post Thanks / Like

Lodging on Norris Lake

I just started doing a website for a guy on Norris Lake. He has 3 condo's right on the lake near a Marina. Looks like a great place to stay and not bad for a group.
    If you need a place to stay check out www.Norrislakelodging.com
    Jim Dicken