Search Fishin.com

Thread: Norris Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Norris Lake

Tough two days on Norris. 9/27/06 took off from Clarborne Co. ramp at 7am. Fished mouth of Fall Creek – 1 short smallmouth (risto rap); fished islands at Hickory Star – 13” spot on sammy (several other blow ups); wife caught 12 ½” spot and 15” smallmouth in river bend at Bear Island (4” zoom watermelon finesse worm); caught 14” spot and 13 ½” largemouth in head of Lost Creek (spot on risto rap; largemouth on silver/blue rattletrap). Finished evening w/ 13” spot at 33 bridge on zoom 4” pumpkinseed worm and 12 ½” spot on eakins craw off the ramp.

9/28/06: Father-in-law and I fished Straight Creek and Fox Creek w/ little success. He had two short largemouth on 2” sassy shad, and I caught a 13” spot on a sammy off a bluff wall (15 or so spots followed the hooked fish to the boat, but I was unable to catch any more from that spot). Saw several individual fish bust shad in straight creek, but they were not schooling up.

This was probably my seventh time to fish Norris, would really appreciate some help on this lake. I’m thinking about driving (2 ½ hrs) back down in the morning for another round. You can email me at pklittle@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    Phillip

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Norris Lake

When you caught that spot that had all the follows you were on one heck of a school. When they followed the fish to the boat you scattered the school. They were either after a school of bait or were holding on some type deep cover, Some times if you will give them about 30 min the school will reform. If they are following bait it is a guessing game. If they are on an exact piece of cover they will get back on it. Once the school reforms it is a good idea to change baits and have a recovery bait handy Try a senko, Zara Supper Spook Jr, Stanley dble willow leaf or pig and jig. use watermelon or green pumpkin colors or baits that you can almost see through. Fish2win