Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to Fishin.com and HorseCreek Marina on Dale Hollow

Just a short note to say I thoroughly enjoyed the FnF weekend Dec 8-10..my hats off to Jim Dicken of Fishin.com and Thomas Weaver of HorseCreek Marina for putting on and supporting such a worthy event...... I enjoyed meeting those that attended and most importantly, learning from the best like Bob Coan, Dale Hollow Guide Service, and Steve Headrick of Punisher Jigs.... I fished with my new found friend known as the Smiffster here on Fishin.com who is from Owensboro, KY on Saturday ---- what a great American his is (alos a world of knowledge with his Coast guard experience)........ I thought I was going to freeze Saturday........ Good news is that we both hooked up on a brown fish and got them in the boat with our learned skills from the FnF seminar on Friday night.....The main reason I attended the FnF weekend was the fellowship and secondly to possible get to fish DH...I can appreciate Elwood's passion to fish DH.... I am guilty for not fully participating this past weekend --- I had every intent to attend Saturday evening's dinner and seminar however after getting back to the room and thawing out from a hot shower, my creature comfort instincts took over and I hit the sack right after a quick run to the Dale Hollow 1 Stop to stock up on some FnF Punisher flies and goodies....... I didn't fish Sunday ---Smiffster returned back to O'boro and I decided to head back home..... Again, this was a productive weekend as a result of those who put it on and those that attended...... If anyone needs a cook, Jim Dicken is available ---he sure can whip up a breakfast as he did both Saturday and Sunday mornings ---- the breakfasts made a good start to a great weekend........

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Kudos to Fishin.com and HorseCreek Marina on Dale Hollow

Ditto...We had a good time also, and did not really even get cold. We will be there for the one in March, and can not recommend it enough to everyone. We will be back New Years and several other week-ends to try to hone our skills at netting fish.