Search Fishin.com

Thread: Center Hill

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill

Fished CH on Saturday, 16 Dec (Mine Lick to the dam) ----- weather was beautiful with blue-bird skys...had a tough time finding shad..water temps were 53-54 degrees....... Water level ---well The Tennessean paper reported that the Corps is dropping CH to 618 this week --- I believe it...doubt very serious that there will be any boat ramps in the water within the week.... Hopefully, they'll get the repairs on the dam complete so that they will be able to at the least bring the lake up to "normal" winter pool...... Oh yeah, caught 4 spots (2 lbs each) on main lake points with black/blue, quarter ounce jig and pig........ all released to fight another day... tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Center Hill

Dover: What ramp did you put in on?? I have been wanting to go to the hill for several weeks, but due to the water level afraid of damanging the bottom of my boat or breaking a trailer axle on a drop off on the ramps. Also was there in hazards that you noticed in the middle of the lake that normally you don't see due to the low water level while running?? Thanks...283

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: 18 Dec 06 Center Hill

283 ----- Having seen the lake last year and knowing a few who dropped their trailers off the ramp, I decided to put in at Austin Bottoms --- not really a ramp but a decent gradual road bed into the lake.... I did see a few trucks/trailers at both Edgar Evins State Park and also at the Hurricane Bride ramps...... Good news is that perhaps now that the Corps has decided that CH dam is ok, they'll raise the water up a few feet to the normal winter pool..... didn't really notice any hazards running the lake ---- I always try to stay in the middle though if you get along the banks there are a few rocks sticking up that are usually under water in "normal" conditions..... hope this helps...let me know how you do.... tight lines....

Post Thanks / Like

RE: 18 Dec 06 Center Hill

Thanks Dover for the reply and the info. Did you see any pods of minnows?? Them spots ought to be killing a spoon by now if the water temp has gotten low enought and they are schooling up. Will post if I make it down...283