Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Warm water discharge reports?????

i just posted a thread here for norris but i would also like to know if any fish have been caught at the steam plants. I have fished gallatin before and know that area but would also like to hit some other places. Kingston or Bull run for instance. Has anyone heard any reports on any of the 3? Any report would be great thanks in advance and if you don't want to put it on here email me at tglass@gbp.com. Thanks again

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Warm water discharge reports?????

I was at Bull Run Wed the 27th from noon to five. First time I have been there and I am sort of a newbie. Nobody caught anything while I was there (that I saw, I spoke to most people fishing there). Some were throwing lures for musky and people were trying to catch bait from shore. One boat went through with downriggers but I didn't see anyone using shad. Too warm for the stripes to go in there. No shad. It was 65 at the outflow. Lets keep this thread active.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by Bull Run after work about 4. Stayed till 530. Saw no action. Lots of fishin but saw no catchin.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Kingston on the 24th for a few hours. One fellow mentioned he caught several stripes bottom fishing directly below the discharge with 5-6" gizzard. I fished the inlet and landed a massive 3.5# spotted bass on some spunky threadfins I caught below the hill. Also caugth a few hybrids and crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing both Bull Run and Kingston this weekend. I will report on how we do next week. I noticed that one person stated that he got bait below Melton Hill. Is the bait at the steamplants now? I'm hoping to find it there. If anybody has advice about where to find bait, I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

IF YOU GO TO KINGSTON, BAIT IS IN THE COVE TO THE RIGHT DOWNSTREAM OF THE DISCHARGE. LAST WEEKEND WE CAUGHT ALOT OF BIG SHAD IN THERE. STRIPERS WERE HITTING THE SMALLER SIZE BAIT 3-5 IN , WHICH WAS HARDER TO FIND.WE CAUGHT THE SHAD IN THE BACK OF THE COVE @ 3-5 FEET OF WATER.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished both Kingston and Bull Run this past weekend with no success. Bait was nowhere to be found and neither were the stripers. It was still fun and the weather was great! We'll try again next month. We did manage to catch a few bass on crankbaits along the rock wall in the first cove on the right at Kingston.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have eyes like an eagle you can catch bait below the hill about anytime of the year.

This past weekend I caught small 1-3" threadfins. They were thick in Turkey Creek. Used them at Kingston and caught a mixed bag of fun.