Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill - Hurricane Bridge Corps Ramps

Looks like they have either repaired and/or poured more concrete on the south boat ramp (ramp next to the once floating dock)... I did not launch there but saw them working on it Thursday, 28 Dec, when I went by...... It looked like they added more concrete on the ramp itself and also had some footers made to add more concrete out in the water....... The current ramp has a steep drop with the water this low and will damage your trailer if you back to far in the water ....... If anyone knows for sure that's seen it, please post an update....... Yes, I did wet a line and caught several spots and smallies on hair jigs off main lake points..... water temp at first light was 51 and warmed up to 54 by 3pm....tight lines..... did not find any pods of shad in several creeks.....Has anyone seen any pods?????? PS - Happy New Year and don't forget to eat them black-eye peas on New Years Day :-)

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Center Hill - Hurricane Bridge Corps Ramps

Fished the hill alittle this evening, from 1 till dark. Mainly rode around looking how low the lake is and looking for balls of shad. No fish today at all. Throwed a jig and deep crank some and had a spoon tied on. Water temp was 53 to 54.8 with light stain. Seen 2 small pods on the graph with fish right under neath them and moving, couldn't stay on them in the mouth of the pockets just inside the creeks. Guess it hasn't got hardly cold enought yet to keep them in one spot and in large numbers. Put in at the bridge. For you guys that fish the hill, there is light at the end of the tunnel concerning the ramps. The guy at the gate told me the corp is extending the main ramp at the bridge this coming wednesday. They have the ribbed concrete already made up and laying there on the ground ready to swing it or push it in place at the end of the existing ramp now. He said after this coming wednesday you won't have to worry about it again. Hope he is right. The main ramp is closed and taped off, but they have dumped a load or two of BIG rock at the end of the little ramp towards hurricane marina so you can still launch if you want to go before they get the main ramp fixed. Might want to have a 4-wheel drive though to make it easy. One fellow told me he like to have got stuck there a couple days ago in his truck, didn't have a 4x4. Took the camera today, BIG MISTAKE. Seems like when I have it I goose egg out and when I don't I catch a few. Did get a picture of a couple of ducks that stayed with me quite awhile this evening up in big hurricane. Don't know if they were a jinx or it was me LOL...probably me. Good fishing all...283

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

283 --- sounds great about the Corps extending the main ramp; it looked like they were doing something the other day.........long overdue......I'm with you about the shad; hopefully, when the water temp drops below 50 we'll be able to get on some shad......... Now that the Corps determined the dam was ok, perhaps the next good rain we get will bring the lake level up to normal winter pool....... thanks for the post --- It appears that you and I are the only ones that fish CH that knows how to make a post on this board --- there sure are a lot of looks but no posts ---come on guys, you don't have to give your honey-holes away or even GPS coordinates ---- general information on lake levels, water temps, a pattern or two, etc., etc., are helpful for those who can't always fish the Hill daily for some and weekly for others...... Happy New Year to all and don't forget to eat some black-eye peas on New Year's day for luck....tight lines.....:)

Post Thanks / Like

Dover; I am with you also on the shad, just alittle colder and they should stay in bigger pods to make them easier to see and catch by not roaming around so much. I wish also they others would take the time to post on their trips, even if you blank out (like I seem to do here lately) ain't no shame in it, at least you are going and getting out and having a good time, and ain't that what it's all about?? No honey holes or spots, just water temps and what the fish were doing while you were there helps alot and a pattern or choice of baits sure would help others out with the limited daylight hours they we have now, the time you do figure something out it is almost dark and time to load the boat and head home. Hope everybody has a good new year and be safe if you get out. And yes, Dover we always have a good meal here at our house on new years day with black-eye peas, fried hog jowl, fried taters, stewed cabbage, and a big ole pan of cornbread. YUM YUM . If that don't make you lucky you ain't country, LOL Tight lines and be safe...283