Search Fishin.com

Thread: Norris Lake???

Post Thanks / Like

Norris Lake???

i am coming down to Norris this weekend and i am going out of Hickory Star and wanted to fish for the stripers and smallies. I was wanting to make sure they are coming up in the morning and evening still. I want to catch some on topwater. It seems they have not been up this year near as well as last year from the reports. I have not been able to get down there to catch them on top so this will be a first for me at norris. I fished there once in the spring and had limited results because they brought the lake up it seemed like 20ft. in the 3 days i was there. i will report when get back but any help is appreciated. Thanks

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Norris Lake???

You will have good rainey overcast weather with warm temps for this time of the year. That will be a plus for the surface feeding stripers.I would head up stream from HS . Watch the area above Island F. Watch for the diving Gulls. Smallies have been mixed in or hitting on steep rock banks 15 to 25 feet deep. The overcast may have them up shallower. Post your results. Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

Well i made it down to norris this past weekend and i must say i wish we would have gotten some of the rain and definetly more cloud cover. We fished all day Sat. and Sun. We only caught one striper about 12lbs. on a bucktail and had one hooked on a swimbait. We did see some surface action but not much as the fish were up and gone very quickly. I did talk to 2 different guys that had them come up and stay up by them for a while but most had the same problem as we did. We even tried pulling planers and did not get any hits. I actually had fish roll on bait right in front of my boards and never hit the shad or the shiners i had out. It was a little frustrating but we still had a good time. All i can say is if the birds get active at all you have to get there quick or don't bother running to them. Take care and thanks for the reports.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished bear on 1/12/07 and got five fish total with the largest being 13 pounds. We pulled very small jigs and umbrella rigs 15-30 feet deep. Most of the shad being eaten are less than 2", since this makes up the majority of the schools presently. Hope this is useful.

"It looked bigger in the Water"