Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dale hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dale hollow

He's a super guy and loves smallmouth as do I.
    It was funny what happened this past fall at One Stop...
    My wife and I go down from here in Ohio about 3 to 4 times and have talked to him a few times but, nothing serious.
    After stopping in one afternoon from being on the lake, we wanted to know if they would have shiners in the morning when we left out on the lake so I asked the young lady at the counter...and all of a sudden I hear this voice that kinda' startled me because I didn't know where it was coming from...
    "We've got plenty...no need to worry"!
    I laughed and asked the young lady ," where is that coming from" ?
    She just laughs and points at the camera above the register...so I just laugh and say, "Thanks a bunch"! and wave back.
    This big voice laughs and say," I'll be right up"!
    Next thing I know here comes Steven and what a super nice guy!
    We talked and talked about my favorite lake that I've known all my 47 years and some of ways it has changed for the better and definitely willing to share info ESPECIALLY if you share in return.
    Him, Bob and Gentry have all helped me at one time or another and THAT'S what it's all about...FISH ON!
    TEE

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, the guru told me about the yellow jig. I have caught some nice fish the last 3 trips. Smallmouth will hit it hard and really eat it. Give it a try...you will be impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Guru,

Shoot me an email if you get a minute - boezeman@msn.com

Sounds to me like the reds and charts are good this time of year. I just hope the water temp stays up. We'll be hitting creeks on the southside of the lake.

Thanks everyone,

BB

Post Thanks / Like

Well, My trip to Dale last weekend was fun, I did learn how to cast the F&F. Did not catch a fish on it, but not giving up. It was touch fishing 25 to 30 mph winds. We did win the big largemouth part of the tournament out of Troopers Island. I had a nice smallie in a jig, but on the 3rd run under the boat he got off. It was fun while he was on. It was my 1st time fishing from Holly Creek to Lick Run Creek, good looking part of the lake. Can not wait to get back down there, guess I will wait until the end of Feb. and get a yearly Tenn fishing license. BTW the big LM was 3.7 and came out of 60' of water on the bottom, with a storm swim bait.