Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Schooled by Denny Brauer???......

Schooled by Denny Brauer???......
    I was very dissapointed this morning to find out that the show has been cancelled on ESPN2. The format made it very interesting, and you quickly learn what not to do. For the amateur angler, it is one of the best learning tools available today. Most of the other shows I could do without! Basstech???... I could watch MTV, if I wanted to? and it is on twice? Jimmy is great, but spinnerbaiting is almost every show? Charlie is OK? maybe, but what did I learn from it?.... I know - NOTHING!!!!.....
    Realtree's Whitetail Country, Poveromo's World of Saltwater Fishing??,Offshore Adventures presented by Red Lobster??? Realtree Outdoors??, Advantage Adventures With Tom Miranda,
    I thought it was suppose to be BASS SATURDAY???..... This was the only four - five hours I tevo'd all week! What a waste!.... I guess I need to get a life right??...... I hate TV anyway! especially now!

ESPN=LOSER

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Schooled by Denny Brauer???......

I agree, Bass Saturday is a waste of time. Last years line up was very good, I to miss Schooled by DB and Loudmouth Bass. But its all about money! Forget about what us home boys like. Maybe a jet ski will mess up Charlie Moore's fishing and he will fall into the lake, If he ever does a show in our area, well better not go there!!! And about Basstech, you are correct, But I would rather watch my grass grow or visit my mother in law.
    Come on Spring!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally. Denny's show at least gave you something to learn from the critiques he gave. And it mostly pertained to patterns, which is something most anglers most need to learn about. Do you get the Classic Patterns show? I have my DVR set to grab it every week. I takes a pro for each 30 minute show and presents a particular pattern challenge. It is about the most instructional fishing show I have seen. I think it is on one of the Fox Sports regional channels. Might not be on where you are.
    Best this season

Jon Hughey

Post Thanks / Like

What about Fishing with Larry Nixon? that was a bummer when OLN cancelled him.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Denny Brauer, so I liked the show. Too bad they won't renew it. It might have been Denny's decision also.

I do like the shows on Bass Saturday, except for Charlie Moore. I hate that show, and really don't see how ESPN can see anything in it.

BassTech is a little far fetched. I seen one show where the theme was trying to get better fuel mileage. They replaced a perfectly good Mercury 225 EFI with a brand new Mercury OptiMax 225. How economical could that have been? But, I have seen a few things on the show that I did like.

The Fishin' Hole is my favorite. Jerry is more of the type of guy I like to fish with. Out to have a good time, not too serious, and really appreciates people.

Post Thanks / Like

On this subject, has anyone heard about OLN opening a new network called OLN2? Supposedly it would be restricted to ONLY fishing and hunting. Maybe we can get more good stuff if they do that. Also, here in Indy I have been trying to get Comcast to carry The Outdoors Network, as opposed to Outdoor Life. I have heard that it is purer than OLN. I mean, all summer OLN carried nothing but bicycle racing from France, they carry hockey, and all kinds of other crap. BTW, one other show I personally like is the Angling Edge from the Lindner brothers. Only problem is nearly all their segments are on northern,natural lakes; almost never reservoirs. There are some big differences. But I do like them and they are usually pretty instructional. We just have to figure that as big a sport as ours has become someone is going to figure out how to cover it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Say it ain't so. They cancelled Schooled by Denny Brauer? Not good. I figured it was a seasonal schedule. That was the best show going along with Classic Patterns. You guys are right on about Bass Tech and Charlie Moore. Those shows are weak. I do believe a second-tier cable network could survive with nothing but Fishing 24x7. The interest is at the highest it's ever been according to the statistics you read in Bassmaster and In-Fishermen magazines. Wouldn't that be awesome? I think so....but I'm not sure my wife would agree. :-)

TI

Post Thanks / Like

Gentleman, I made a similar post a couple weeks ago on my regular missouri board and got the same replies. I'd like to beat Charlie Moore, but I would use a stick. Schooled by Denny Brauer was the most informative show on TV. ESPN is going to run alot of good shows into the ground and I no longer support them.

Post Thanks / Like

boys you need to forget about ESPN and come over to OLN and Outdoor network where they actually have fishing shows. I agree Schooled was great but that is about the only decent fishing show besides FH they have period. Outdoor network has Angler on Tour, UMF, Angling Edge...The Linders have forgotten more about fishing that Charlie what's his name will ever have a prayer of knowing. Besides, who is actually at home on a Saturday to watch the so called Bass Saturday? Arent most fisherman out fishing?