Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Top 8 Federation Tournament

Will there still be a Top 8 tournament now that the Federation has gone with FLW??????

Don

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Top 8 Federation Tournament

Wow Don, thats a $64,000.00 question, you would think that this is a time to rally the troops, its been almost a week and one would think that the information on our new path to the FLW would be outlined. Makes me wonder if they have all of the details worked out.
    BKehl

Post Thanks / Like

BK, I went to the IBF web page and they still have the same old, and I mean OLD, information up. That web site is usless. I hope they are not paying anything for it.

I'm leaving right now for our club meeting and was hoping to have some information but I guess that was too much to ask. It wouldn't surprise me if our club votes to drop out of everything and just go independent. Put that dues money in a banquet at the end of the year or better yet have a classic and have a really good payout.......

Have a good one.....

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Gents,

Yes. It was stated at the general meeting in December that the Top 8 tournaments will still be ran as scheduled. If you keep advancing then you have a chance for the following (taken from the FLW proposal):

- Expenses-paid boater and co-angler berths into the Wal-Mart BFL All-American presented by Chevy from each Federation divisional championship. (A total of 12 spots - six boaters and six co-anglers).
    - One pro and one co-angler berth into the $2 million Forrest Wood Cup from the Federation National Championship. The Forrest Wood Cup will pay $1 million in cash to the winning pro if the pro is a Ranger Boat owner. Half a million dollars cash will be awarded to the winning pro regardless of the brand of boat the pro owns.
    - The Federation National Championship winner will receive a “Living the Dream” slot for one year with fully paid entry fees in the FLW Tour or FLW Series. The Federation National Championship winner will also be furnished with a wrapped “Living the Dream” Ranger boat powered by Yamaha plus a wrapped Chevy truck for use during the tournament season.

Seems pretty straight forward. I suppose the TBF and IBF may need to alter the scheduling in order to meet these championships.

Kind regards,

TI

Post Thanks / Like

bump