Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

KISTLER VS GLOOMIS RODS

Thinking about selling off all of my loomis rods for Kistler LTA's. Anybody had any issues with these rods? I've used the kistlers a couple of times and I was pretty impressed. Let me what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: KISTLER VS GLOOMIS RODS

I don't think you can go wrong with the kistler rods. They are great rods made by a great company. If you do have a problem, the guys at Kistler will go out of there way to correct it.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to spend that much on a rod, it for sure would not be an off the rack rod. It would be a custom built rod. I know a few rod builders who could build you much more rod than either of those two companys can offer. They have saturated the market with advertising to inflate their prices to the levels that people think that over $200.00 means top notch quality :(

Ray Rigby

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to disagree. I think Kistler makes an awesome rod. I think they are as good as the top end Loomis rods at a fraction of the price. I don't see Kistler throwing the dollars around that a lot of the other rod builders are doing.
    I did get a chance to look at their new line and they are the lightest rod I have ever layed my hands on. I haven't used one yet but plan to get one soon. Plus they are a little cheaper than the LTA's.
    Eric H.

Post Thanks / Like

Kistlers are the best rods i have ever used they are strong and very light. Great heavy duty guides and great warrantee. One thing that is different here is they are accessible. In fact if you have questions here is the guy i contacted and he got back with me the same day. clifford@kistlerrods.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all ,
    Last winter-spring I sold all my Lightnin rods on ebay and bought all Kistler rods and after a season of use I highly recommend them . As stated in this thread the guys at Kistler will do whatever it takes to make you happy . I broke the tip on my new Kistler spinning rod and called , they replaced it free . I dont think Bass Pro Shops would do that . They are also very light and after a day of serious casting my arm wasnt as sore as with other rods . I like to worm fish and they are very sensitive , bites were easily felt . The price can be a little scary but I found several on eBay for a good price and Cabelas has Kistler Magnesium TS Casting Rods for under $200 . In short if you can get one try it !
    Tight Lines

PS : If you like Wave Worm they are discounting some of their baits on the web site for $1.50 , & they take Paypal .
    http://www.wavefishing.com/baits.html
    Peace

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in trading you a lta for a loomis rod.
    Contact me if interested

tlawson2@indy.rr.com

Post Thanks / Like

I did the exact same thing last year. I have regretted it. I like the rods...They are lighter and more sensitive. I have not had any issue's. Clifford is a good guy if you ever run into any issue's. They will take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

>I did the exact same thing
    >last year. I have regretted
    >it. I like the rods...They
    >are lighter and more sensitive.
    >I have not had any
    >issue's. Clifford is a good
    >guy if you ever run
    >into any issue's. They will
    >take care of you.

Correction... No Regrets!

Post Thanks / Like

Ray,
    What kind of blanks do Kistler use? I agree with
    you. You can get a custom built rod for same price, maybe even less, however you want it.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they use Rainshadow as their rod blank. I am not sure this is true or not, but the fella that told me has been a customer of Batson Enterprises for a long time (Rainshadow) If this is the case, the blanks are subpar compared to a Shakari,Loomis,Rogue or a Lamiglass. Well you get the picture, alot of other blanks are better. Paying over $200.00 for an RX8 blank from Rainshadow is absurd considering a legitimate rod builder can get that blank for $39.00 :( Count the handle,reel seat and alconite guides you have a whopping $69.00 in a rod your selling for over $200.00 :) Once again I ask, can you say marketing?

Ray Rigby