Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bass times article,federation nation vs. flw

Just got my new issue of bass times and was reading the comparisons between what the federation nation has to offer versus what the tbf/flw have to offer and i personally don't see why people would prefer flw over the federation nation.Its a great comparison,easy to understand,laid out side by side for everyone to see and i see many reasons to stay with b.a.s.s. and i'm wondering how many of you guys feel the same way?A couple of big things are the insurance that b.a.s.s. provides and the flw doesn't,the 6 classic spots vs. 1 flw championship spot,6 federation guys will get 45k for entry fees for the tour of their choice vs. 1 for the flw and on and on and on.Am i missing something,am i not seeing some great benefits that the flw will provide that aren't listed in bass times or on other internet sites?Someone please enlighten me,,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Bass times article,federation nation vs. flw

Lee, I believe the insurance is a little better with FLW. I think Bassin times might be just a little bias in their views. I think there is a pretty good breakdown of the entire thing @ www.bassfan.com

Ray Rigby

Post Thanks / Like

Ray,regardless of where the information is given out,bass times or otherwise,the flw still isn't offering all the benefits of bass and i can't see why so many guys are buyin into what they're selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since ESPN purchased BASS it has went been all about dollars and "Do as we say".

When BASS was owned by the membership we had a say on how things went.

Who is to say ESPN won't mandate something next year like "You have to have a Triton Boat" to fish a tournament or pay a higher fee. Something silly like that.

Not saying FLW is perfect, by any means. But ESPN "HAS" tried to stick it to the little guy already, do we want to sign up for more???

Post Thanks / Like

I have read both and it does seem that the BASS offer is better, I am not sure but I think that it has to do with control, Like anything, if sponsors are giving big money, they want supported, We will just need to wait and see if the FLW stand remains.
    We will find out more on the 18th at the General Meeting
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Gee....isn't it funny. BASS waited until after TBF/FLW had their program laid out and then made enough improvements in their own to make it look better.

If you folks think you can trust ESPN/BASS after whats transpired over the last three months I'd like to talk to you about some waterfront property in Florida.

Hang in with BASS boys, they'll eat your lunch......

Post Thanks / Like

The article in Bass Times is as biased as they come. Most of the FLW info that has been posted on every site in the western hemisphere has somehow been left off the article. This article reflects the whole attitude of BASS toward the federation members!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ray,

I did not know that FLW was offering insurance, do you have any info on this so I can let memebers of my club know? Thanks

Ed Walker

Post Thanks / Like

They tell about the insurance on bassfan.com. I've also seen it on other sites as well. If you are reading everything off the BASS website it doesn't tell about the FLW. Go to the FLW website and it will tell you their package. It is a good package, I am ready for a change, I am sick and tired of Ray Scott jumping ship every time someone puts a couple dollars in his pocket. The FLW was formed because Ray Scott told Forrest Wood that he "bled" Ranger. Well, obviously he doesn't. Scott didn't create all this by himself. Mr. Wood was there donating time and boats the whole time. Ray Scott goes where the almighty dollar is, just like BASS..........Mr. Wood has held strong. Forrest Wood has always been there for the Federation membership and always will be. That is that.
    Kevin Brady

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I just joined a new club and at there meeting this month they were not aware that the FLW was going to offer insurance. The only reason I have joined another federation club was because they agreed to leave BASS.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Well,so far no one has enlightened me.I'm still wondering how the guy thats in a local club for friendship,information sharing and helping local organizations through fund raisers and such will benefit from the move to flw?I know plenty of club members that could care less about the whole tournament side of things,i know lots of guys that qualify for their top 8 every year and don't even fish it cause thats not why they're in a club in the first place,again,what does this move do for them?
    Then there are the guys that are really serious about the tournament side of it and that work hard to try and advance to the state team so that they can make the regionals and eventually have a shot at makin the classic.The classic has 6 federation slots available vs the 1 slot for the flw championship,for the serious tourney guys they just lost 5 slots in the big dance,thats a big deal,again,whats gained?The guys that already have sponsors outside of the flw sponsors,how will they be dealt with,isn't the flw exclusive?
    If you go right to the flw website you can read that all of their monetary incentives are based on recruiting all the federation members,the less members they get then the less money they're going to put into it.It'll be interesting in the long-term to see if the grass/money truly is greener on the other side.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the main difference is trust. BASS "fired" 3 bass federation officials that were life time members. They simply said they will not deal with them any more. What type of message does that send?
    The switch doesn't mean anything for the typical guy that is only fishing for fun. The fee's are the same. My question is, why does a guy that fishes a few tourneys for fun and doesn't care about top 8 even fish a BFL or FLW club? Why don't they join some little buddy club?
    If you are so against the move to FLW why don't you just find a club that is going to be with the BASS Nation? Problem solved.
    Eric H.