Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Spring information Patoka Lake water temp, level, too early to fish?

Anyone fishing for bass on Patoka yet?. Little Patoka river still the place to find bigger sprintime bass?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Spring information Patoka Lake water temp, level, too early to fish?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-06 AT 11:57PM (EST)[/font][p]The corps have a web site that shows the water level and other parameters for Patoka Lake. But I don't know if they measure the water temp of the tributaries like Little Patoka River or the Upper Reaches of the Patoka River. I think they take their water temp measurements near the ****.

I think I still have a link to the corp's web site:

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/patl/

Once you get to this web site click on the links to get to the water levels and temp of Patoka Lake.

Sorry the HTML link feature of this bulletin board is not working right. Just copy the above line and paste it into your browsers address window.

Patoka is at 532.8 ft right now. 532ft is winter pool and that is where they lower the lake level in Jan and hold it there until around April. They will flow water out of the **** until around April and then start bring the lake up to 536ft for summer pool.

I would think that the water up near Kings Bridge will warm up before a lot before the main lake warms up. Same for Little Patoka River section and the Lick Fork Sections. Anywhere there is lots of shallow water with dark bottoms with Southern Exposure will warm up first.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the South Lick fork area today and the temps were 38-39'.

Post Thanks / Like

With all the early warm weather, the folks I've spoken to feel we will be fishing early in March. Patoka is always the first place to fish in Indiana. I'm looking to hit some of the hot spots early. Flats on the north end will warm first, lay down tember with white spinner baits, has always worked well. Last year I also threw one of the "new" beaver plastic baits, next to wood got several 2 pounders. Little Patoka River has always produced for me,,,,, but that is where I spend most of the day so it only figures, that is my lucky area.

Come on,,, "early" spring. A lot of us are ready to test out our new gear we got for Christmas