Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fall Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Fall Creek

Got out for just my 3rd time this year and it felt good. Slipped on the waiders this afternoon and hit one of my favorite little walks on Fall Creek. Ended up getting my first smallie of the year :), he was only about 13", but I was happy, also pulled in a rock bass and 2 sunfish. The smallie was caught on a white 4" power grub and the sunfish and rock bass on 2" power grubs. Fished very slow, mainly using the current, bumping the bait off the bottom. Good luck to everybody and tight lines. Springs just around the corner!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fall Creek

i hit fall creek about a month ago when it was really warm. got a 12 bass out of the pond and then a 17" smallie from the creek. got him on a green aparkle jig just out of the current. the creek was really flowing that day and i almost didn't even try it. can't wait to get back out. still got the pole on the dash ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have loved to have seen that 17" smallie, I know the bigger ones are in there, my biggest out of there so far is about 15" or 16". They really put up a good fight in that current. That creek has so many nice, deep, and promising holes in it, but it takes patience to do well there, mainly due to the fishing pressure. I could fish it all day even if I don't do all that well, there's so many nice walks along there, it's fun to be in such a scenic area in an urban area. It's about a 5 minute drive from home so it's always good for a little fishing fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Were is Fall Creek? I live down by Louisville and have not heard of it.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Fall Creek flows into Indianapolis from the NE side, it's the primary feeder for Geist Reservior and joins up with the White River on the westside of downtown. It would be a long haul for you from Louisville.