Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Indiana Lake Permit Requirements

I just read about this new permit system on the DNR web sites

Here's the link to the article. Something all boat owners should read.

http://www.ai.org/dnr/parklake/publi...AQ%2012_05.pdf

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

RE: New Indiana Lake Permit Requirements

Don't seem very fair for the guys that only get out a couple times a year, in the Q&A section, they state that DNR guys are going to watch for those who do not have the Permit. I bet that will be a BIG fine.

For those who fish or boat a lot, its not a bad deal compaired to what I pay to put in at Geist and Morse on the weekend. $25.00 each time.

I hope they use the money for the ramp up keep and improvements.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a great step in the right direction. That way people that dock their boats on the lake have to pay the same as the rest of us. I don't think that 20 bucks a year will break you if you can afford the gas to get you to the lake.
    Eric H.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered my pass from the DNR site. $20 plus $4 shipping. The shipping seems to be a little high for just dropping a sticker in an envelope. The real problem for me is the only time I'll need it is for Top 8. Our club didn't schedule a single tournament at Patoka this year.

Don Hardesty
    Evansville

Hey Eric, your not related to any horse thieves are you??? :)

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a great idea.

If I have multiple cars, I can't purchase a daily tag to drive one for a day or two, instead you must tag it for the entire year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CP, the sticker doesn't go on your car, it goes on your boat....

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that, I was using a car as an example. If I must purchase a year plate for my car, then why shouldn't we have to tag our boats for a year. If we don't want to tag our cars, then we simply can't drive them on the roads, if you don't like the year permit for your boat, then simply don't put your boat on those bodies of water.

I am about sick of people crying and whining about the conditions of our fisheries and the work the DNR does or doesn't do. Whenever they try to come up with more money to fund improvement projects 3/4 of the people oppose it

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is all about raiseing money for our fisheries that upset people. they raise enought money but doesn't get where it is intended. As you know or don't know that all the money raised by the dnr goes directly to the the Indiana general fund and then the state allocates it where it see's fit. no matter how high they raise the fee's, the dnr will always come up short. all money brought into the dnr should stay in the dnr and the director should be a elected official.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-06 AT 07:32PM (EST)[/font][p]Hello All,

The boat registration is still a yearly requirement, just like a vehicle, so I don't under stand what crappie was talking about having multiple vehicles. If you had multiple boats, they still have to be registered to put them on the water.

The boat ramp permit is ok with me. I will probably go out some more now that it is a set fee.

Basically though, I have given up on the IDNR as a management force. They point to fisheries such as Eagle Creek as having great creel rates for bass, yet that is a 10hp lake, set up for small craft.

Indiana is the smallest state west of the Appalachian Mountains, we just don't have the water that other states have. The anglers have the lake from April to end of May, and in the fall. That is when we can get our monies worth.

We are really getting squeezed by taxes in Indiana. I am thinking about moving out of Vigo County over to Clay County because Vigo keeps raising taxes, and coming up with new ones.

We have nice paved roads out in the county now though. I don't know why we need them, but a lot of the county roads are two laned asphalt highways, do to the "temporary" wheel tax imposed 6 years ago. The wheel tax was supposed to last 2 years, LOL.
    Last year, they tacked on a 1.5% income tax too. It never ends.

Post Thanks / Like

What I would like to know is when the tournaments are going on is the CO going to target the out of staters for not having a permit?

With my wife and I having a camp there I buy 2 permits a year for our boats and 1 to get through the gate.

I agree with what was said earlier that alot of the extra money will never be used for taking care of our lakes. The politicans will piss it away like they always do.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

What about people like myself who live in northern Indiana who don't have any DNR type controlled lakes to deal with ramp fees? It's the State resevoirs that are requiring these permits isn't it? The State controlled waters up here have no fee ramps. So A computer fishing site I am a member on have camping/fishing outing across Indiana a few times a year and always the spring outings or down south like Monroe and Patoka. We were at Patoka last spring and have this years outing planed there this April as well. Now do you think it's fair for guys like myself to have to buy a yearly launch permit instead of a daily $5.00 fee.I have no problem with paying my way. Two years ago I bought a yearly permit at Summit and never fished another DNR reservior again that year. Three years ago the state vote to move ($2,000,000)two million dollars from the DNR funds and put it into the general state funds, and the DNR never got those funds back! Wonder how many lifetime license went to generate those $2,000,000. So it doesn't matter who is in charge the DNR still come last with the funds ! Don't be suprised if more funds find their way to the general state fund.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you have me for a loss of words. I was truely unaware of this. I think it is a crock of ##### myself. What do we as fisherman/outdoorsman have to do to make a change? Writing your congressman or any other politician won't do a thing, they don't even see the letters 99% of the time.