Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Iaconelli DQ'd In Classic again

Well, Mike Iaconelli was disqualified again in the Bassmaster Classic.

He forgot to turn his live well timers on and his fish died. He culled a dead fish then kicked his navigation safety light pole and cussed it out.

Toyota just announced the day before that he was on their 2006 Pro Team.

What a way to start the new season out.

He may be the first angler ever to be disqualified in the Bassmaster Classic twice.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Iaconelli DQ'd In Classic again

He's gettin slammed on every fishing website you can think of and rightly so,he's an arrogant little a$$ thats makes us all look bad.

Why would espn show him throwing back a dead fish,just to create controversy?That was a really poor decision on their part and i'm sure they'll hear about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Why wouldn't they show it? It was a big time mistake and I believe a lesson needs to be taught....to the public and Iconelli. That was incredible. I about fell out of my seat when he threw that dead fish back in the lake. He might have some more issues coming his way from the Florida DNR. Plus, if you heard the broadcast on the boat, he stated that he doesn't like to run his aerator. Unbelievable disregard for the resource!!!

TI

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they don't need to hide such things. I bet it happens in every tournament.

It may actually be against the law in Florida, to not harvest a dead gamefish. It apparently is not against the BASS tournament rules, which I find to be inconsistent with sportsmanship.

He definetely needs to take a step back and look at his behavior in the boat. You have to take the good with the bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Although we're all probably not the biggest fans of Ike, many strange things can be said in the heat of the moment. There is no way he cannot run his livewell. The problem is his heat, like Topwater stated, and even the statement his shirt makes with the flame pattern. The last couple of Bassmaster coverages I have seen, he has found a way to throw a fit and act like my two year old. That's too bad, because he bursted upon the scene with the "Never give up" theme, and now he's taking extra time to throw equipment in the water, thus giving up. He's a great fishermen, but he has to be able to control his temper and understand the cameras are always rolling.

Post Thanks / Like

For once, I'm going to agree with Topwater. They should show it and then they should make a big-time example of him. I think he should have to sit out a tourney or two on this one. Think about it, if you are caught cheating in any other sport, you get fines and a supspension. They really need to do something about this. It is a black eye to all tourney fishing and gives anti-tourney groups all the ammunition they could ever dream of.
    Eric H.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read, it was not against the tournament rules to cull a dead fish. It appeared that he called the judge and got a ruling on that.

He got dq'd for tearing up his safety light. Which also had an American flag on it, which means he should not have let it touch the ground.

I was really disappointed in Iaconelli last season when Brent Chapman had a problem with him in an FLW event.

Chapman said Ike pulled up on him and started fishing his spot. Chapman said, "Are you really going to fish here?". He then said that Ike proceeding into a lengthy profanity laced tirade. Which Ike denied later. I believe Chapman. Ike does not have much credibility to me.

Robert Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable

Post Thanks / Like

i was startin to like this guy but the more i see the less i like!!! what an idiot wish i had the sponsors and opertunity he has to fish for a living i wouldnt be acting like such an idiot in the publics eye thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Denny Brauer said it best why talk about him thats what he wants let him flame out. There are too many great young fisherman out there to let this clown be the spokesman for young folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what about his pathetic attempt to endorsed that Moutain Dew Code Red while walking up to the stage on day 1? did he think he was at the Winner Cirle at the track or something? Oh well, what can you expect from a guy from Jersey? It not like he a fisherman from Arkansas or Alabama or something.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy is a complete idiot. I always thought he was a little wacky when he first came on the scene. And I think ESPN encouraged himto act like an idiot for tv. After he destroyed that light pole, WITH THE AMERICAN FLAG ON IT, NOTHING ELSE TO SAY, COMPLETE STUPIDITY, WHAT A DUMB ARSE//////////////////