Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Classic Coverage

Wasn't that the worst coverage ever, a load of commericals, most about ESPN, no TV time for all who made the cut (So much for the sponsors) and the winner, Luke Clausen looked like he would have had more fun at his Dentist.

The federation guy that finished in the top 10 did not even get his name (Jimmy Johnson) on TV, just shows us what ESPN really thinks of the Federation as well as Jeff Coble from the ESPN Outdoor series.

All the time spent on talking about nothing, they could have put the final 25 on the stage, fish or no fish, and how did Skeet Reese get TV time?

Oh well, enough said, just my thoughts, my dog is even tired of hearing me.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: The Classic Coverage

I really liked the folks that worked following the guys around, the little british tart who wouldn't know a largemouth from a carp and the dude that said someone was using a worm wacky style? He did not have a clue what it was. Oh well guess if I didnt like it I could turn it off!! I did,,,,,,,,,,, who won?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the coverage was pretty poor. One thing though - although the Classic coverage didn't mention Jim Johnson, Bass Center on Sat. morning gave a pretty good salute to him on their show; all about how far he had to come just to make it to the Classic, how he was at the time in 2nd. place, how great it would be if he won it as a Fed. angler, etc.

Tracker Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Well, ESPN didn't want to highlight people that are not on their promotion list.

Luke Clausen won the FLW in 2004 for 1/2 million and they wouldn't even mention it. They still listed his career earnings on the BASS website as $148 grand, yet he is over a million.

Larry Nixon, Luke Clausen, Ron Sheffield, George Cochran are all going to fish the FLW the rest of the year, so they won't be back.

Skeet Reese got skunked, Iaconelli DQ'd, and Swindle couldn't yap his way into the top 20 so all the people ESPN wanted to feature didn't catch enough fish.

I couldn't believe it either, Reese gets skunked and they still give him live air time to show his dyed spiked hair, and they didn't even show Larry Nixon weighing in his fish.

It was just plain biased reporting.

Robert Montgomery

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it ticked me off that Nixon didn't get any coverage at all, not on the water, not at weight-in. The reigning angler of the year on the FLW tour, Greg Hackney, didn't even get mentioned at all. I wish it could be like it was with more on the water coverage instead of talking about almost irrelevant sh...ts 25000 times. I used to watch every minutes of the whole thing but now only the weight-in is somewhat entertaining. Did you guys hear that Clausen decline to participates in the Busch Shoot Out?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the coverage stunk. But, where did they get that announcer? He makes things about as exciting as a wet washrag. Oh, for the days of Fish Fishburn. At least he was a little entertaining. Did you notice that there seemed to be a little tension between Clausen and Morris. It's pretty obvious that the average fan on the street has no idea what has gone on between BASS and the Federation. ESPN/BASS gets more underhanded as the days go by........

Post Thanks / Like

Keith Alan is the weigh in announcer. He knows very little about fishing, I think his back ground in as a hockey announcer.

I just wonder who won the $70,000 Triton boat at the weigh in show. I didn't get tickets to the event and you had to be there to win. If I could have won that boat, I would just go ahead and enter all those Elite Series tournaments and win them.

I didn't do to well in tournaments last year, so I have gave up and use my flippin' stick to change the channel on my tv.

I am thinkin' about moving from Indiana to Kentucky for next season. That way, when the tires wear out on my boat trailer, I can just borrow a couple off of my neighbors house.

If your not the dog in the lead, your view never changes.

Post Thanks / Like

BASS has went to he)) ever since Ray Scott sold it and got aways from it .

Post Thanks / Like

I like fishing shows that teach me something new. What I liked about the Classic TV coverage this year was the showing of where the boat's fished. I liked the diagrams showing where each boat launched and where it went to fish on the lakes. Only thing that would have been better was for them to use a better map of the lake showing the contour lines. That and haveing the anglers explain why they fished where the fish. Then they should have added in an hour by hour weather report with the wind directions, water surface temps, amount of sunlight etc.

All the other hype was a crock as far as I am concerned. Fishing for 500,000 makes people do too many crazy things. Tournaments like this reminds me of the stock market at opening bell.

Regards,

Moose1am