Search Fishin.com

Thread: Brookville

Post Thanks / Like

Brookville

I am from Fort Wayne and will be in Cincinnati the first week of April and am thinking about pulling the boat. I have never fished Brookville and was wondering what is happening on the lake at this time of the year. I would like to target bass but would be willing to fish for anything. I don't want to let a couple of days of free fishing time go if its available. Any information on technique or location would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Brookville

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-06 AT 01:21PM (EST)[/font][p]B-ville that time of year can be TOUGH! The water will still be at winter pool and cold to boot. But, thats not to say you still can't or won't catch a few. I'll be up there long before that flaying away at em.

Go there with an open mind, look for deep points and secondary points in creeks, edges of flats dropping into deep water and any type of wood on steep banks that is still in the water with good depth and you could put a few in the boat. That time of year you could hook a biggun too!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fishhead> how you been up there lately? I wonder how low is the water, if it's pretty low I like to go there to check out the shoreline covers that are normally underwater. April and May are my favorite time to be there. No pleasure boater, and the fish are catchable during the day. They should be hanging around the staging areas in Templeton Creek in early April.

Post Thanks / Like

Havn't been up there for about 1 month or so. bu the water is still low enough to pick up some prime spring and summer spots. That is exactly how I get most of my areas. BUT, its not easy work and you have to be very thorough on your follow up data to find the exact spots again at full pool (GPS helps hint hint).

Good luck to you. I'll start up there the next day i get temps in the upper 50's for a few days in a row, then start hitting it hot and heavy in June at night. The night/early morning fishing is my bag. I get there about 10-11 PM Friday and get off the water by 10-11 Sat almost every weekend, with few variations depending on T schedule. Luckily as the water temps go up the T schedule slows down! I cant wait for that full moos in June and July, by far the best night to be on that lake most years that I have fished it.