Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger drops Ike !!

And I love it. :)

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ranger drops Ike !!

I did read his apology.

In his apology, he tried to justify his behavior. Anytime someone tries to justify their behavior in an apology means that you will probably see more of the same. He just doesn't get it.

I am tired of seeing these guys all over ESPN. Yet at least he does compete near the top of the tour, unlike Swindle and Reese who get air time and don't catch a **** fish.

Iaconelli has many good tournaments and wins some. I haven't seen Swindle or Reese win a tournament and I wish they wouldn't be forced down the tube until they do win one.

Jason Quinn too, I don't ever remember him winning a tournament, why do they keep putting him in there I don't know. He is way down the list of the best anglers out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, that just shows that Forrest Wood has some common sense and has good morals. Maybe someone like toyota will pick him up....lol....

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason they put those guys on there is because they market the business the best. It isn't about fishing, it's all about them making more money. People that aren't into the fishing as much like seeing those guys, they talk well or they are show men like Iaconelli is. He does what he does just to make more money, but it's great, this time it backfired on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Forrest Wood hasn't had anything to do with Ranger Boats for quite a few years now.

It was bought up by a big company named Genmar who owned a whole bunch of manufacturers name brands such as Stratos, Lowe, and many others.

Now Brunswick has bought out Genmar. Brunswick mainly did this to get their engines (Mercury) onto as many original manufacter equipment hulls as possible.

As far as Iaconelli, he gets what he deserves. I will say this over the other anglers mentioned, he does seem to be more consistent in winning and being in contention to win, so he must be one hell of a bass angler.

It wouldn't be the first time in history that a great angler turned out to be an A-hole too. He just has the luxury of having a camera on him while he is fishing.

Maybe this will end up being a positive, and he changes the way he thinks. I really get tire of hearing him screaming at the top of his lungs when he catchs a 3lb er. We all know that is just ridiculous and he is only doing it because there is a camera there.

Post Thanks / Like

Brunswick bought Genmar? I don't think so. Brunswick bought Triton Boats not Genmar.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I was looking at boats at the Boat Place in Rockville recently and they used to pu Yamaha on all their new boats. I noticed all the new ones now have Mercury on them.

I asked why and the owner said that Brunswick bought out the line to get their motors on the new hulls. I also think they actually discontinued some of the brands, there were quite a few.

The sale may have been the aluminum hulls only. I don't look at glass boats because I don't have the money. I do know that Lowe, Lund, Crestliner, are all Brunswick now.

You are probably right about the Ranger, Champion, and Stratos boats still being Genmar. They are all fiberglass only I believe.

I do know that Forrest Wood is out of Ranger, he is off in the sunset enjoying his money.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Stratos and Champion but Ranger do make aluminum. It's called a Ranger Cherokee.

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe your right about the metal boats....but definitely Brunswick does not own Ranger..Genmar ie..Irwin Jacobs does...he bought Ranger from Forrest and that is why he is off in the sunset.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I did some more research and Brunswick did try to purchase Ranger but Genmar kept its fiberglass production. They must be making too much money on these boats to sell out, and judging from the sticker on these boats, I can see why.

There is good news though on Ranger, my neighbor just bought a brand new Ranger this week. I seen it in his drive way and thought what the ???? I talked to him and he said he wanted to get into fishing, so it looks like I will get a bunch of free trips to the lake this year while I am teaching him the basics. He doesn't know how to fish or run a boat either.

I can leave mine in the storage barn all year. LOL.

topwater

Post Thanks / Like

Just think how much fun you could have had if your neighbor had decided to get into flying...LOL. Be careful and have fun.