Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Windy Saturday turns into "Great Day on the Water!"

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-06 AT 08:31AM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-06 AT 11:16*PM (EST)[/font]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-06 AT 10:56*PM (EST)[/font]

Fished a private impoundment last Saturday, very windy 20 - 30 MPH wind gusts. Day started very slow! The fish were not in the usual places. Fished all morning and only caught 4 fish, two pounders at best. But the afternoon was a different story!!!.... First big fish came on a worm! 6.2, that is 6 pounds, two ounces!, but only 20 1/2 inches long!!! Next cast 3.8, thirty minutes later 4.5, all on the worm! Strolled over to a cove accross the bay, found the perfect setup, protected cove with a huge stump and big laydowns on both sides. First cast produced a 5.1, this time on a spinnerbait. Twenty mintes later on the other end of the lay downs caught a 4.3 on the spinnerbait! What a great day on the water. Five best bass went well over twenty-three pounds! We were very fortunate, right time , right places, I guess!

Tight lines and set the steel hard!

jlaw29

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Windy Saturday turns into "Great Day on the Water!"

If you meant a 6.2 lb bass, that is actually more than 6 pounds 2 ounces. It is actually 6 pounds 3.2 ounces.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on those fish.

I am really glad hearing that you caught one on a spinnerbait. That is my favorite bait when the wind is blowing.

Would you mind letting us know what kind of worm you were throwing? I bought some of those Gulp power worms for $5 bucks a pack and I was hoping it would make a difference in cold water.

Post Thanks / Like

The worm's is a secret go to for many fisherman! But I will let the cat out of the bag! Berkley 7" Power Worm "Blue Fleck"! I hope it helps you catch a bunch! Because we sure do!

Post Thanks / Like

I figured they were a Power Worm. I thought they may have been the small 4" Bungee worm. In cold water I throw them with a 1/16oz black jig, on light line.

I have not been able to find the 4" Bungee in stores for a year. I am out. I bought the Gulp power worm in 2 colors last week, I think they will work. We gonna find out one way nuther.