Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel conditioner

Last fall my motor died. $800.00+ later after having carbs rebuilt and a new fuel pump installed I was wondering if there is something I can do to prevent this costly repair in the future. Repair said the carbs were some of the worst he's seen. I use 2 + 4 fuel conditionner year round. I also fog for the winter. Is there a product to keep the fuel systm from gumming up/clean the carbs. How do I get the fogging oil ran out of the motor. Do I need to change the plugs after fogging the motor?????? Need some spring start up advice!!!!!!! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fuel conditioner

How big is it, how old is it, and what make is it?

You might be better off buying a new one or a rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Seafoam year round. You can get it at a Napa store. Look it up on the web. It's worth the money. About $5.00 per can and it treats 25 gallons.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

The guy that works on my motor says to disconnect the fuel line and let it run out of gas if it is goig to sit more than a week.I use seafoam also.excellent product.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have an oil injected motor and you disconect the fuel line to run out the gas in the carbs, you will fill them with straight oil, because the oiling system doesn't quit until the motor does. I see this many times each year mainly in 40-70 hp Johnson/Evinrude motors that siphion oil into the carbs as the gas evaporates making them impossible to start. Besides when running out the gas enough stays in the carbs even when ran out to keep the high speed jets in the gas, and all the gas at any rpm's goes through the jets. I would maybe change brands of gas, Marathon, Shell, not The corner cheapo and most of all not at the Marina. And the oil you use may be causing problems. I will always believe that oil fit's in the cheaper is not better catagory. Good Gas ,Good Oil, Good Treatment= No Problems. Good Luck

Hitman

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt know that hit man.Dont want to give anyone bad info.Thanks for clearing that up.I have an older two cycle and that was what he said to do.