Search Fishin.com

Thread: Turtle Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Creek

heading to TC this coming weekend has anyone been doing any good? A friend going with me is a catfisherman any advice appreciated. I fish for bass and have caught many on crankbaits but he wants to use liver etc. Thanks to all

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Turtle Creek

Go as far north in the lake as you can go. Try minnows and you will catch both cats and bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Topwater I will give it a try and let you know how we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Please report any weeds. I know it's early but in the warmer end of the lake there may be some starting. I haven't fished Turtle Creek much since the weeds have died off several years ago. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

no keepers sat-sun but some nice bass on white spinnerbaits with twin willow leaf blades slow steady retrieve about half and half between hot water of 78 degrees and cold water of 54 degrees most came from 8' or less near timber . To answer the weed question in 12' of water on the point that sticks out as you go north to the hot water buoy I picked up some weeds but never caught anything but did run my Bottomline over it to make sure they were weeds !! I did not go over by the log pile which is about a block from the ramp but last fall I no lilly pads were trying to start up. I hope they let some weeds come back but can understand if they don't. One real interesting fact though someone caught a 14 1/2 " Smallmouth last week or so. The cat fishing is slow according to the gatekeeper. we did catch a few on crankbaits while fishing for Bass. Still love the place but nothing like the 70s'-80's

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info on weeds at TC. Yea, I hope they come back. With the new lines we have now those big ones won't break us off!

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by, I hope they let some weeds start up? I don't think they ever did anything to them in the first place, or have you heard differently? From what I understood, nobody really knows what happened to them.

Post Thanks / Like

there one day----gone the next----. I'm not a biologist but I wonder about "natural die off".

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what happened but seems like a heck of a lot weeds to die off on there own in such a short time. Fished today 3 hrs nothing . level up a bunch but not as muddy as you would expect. There was a 11 boat tourney going own i did't hit the north end so didn't see any of them for any info.