Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain,,,, Rain,,,, Rain ,,,,at Pokata

southern Indiana rivers are out of the banks, They are calling for more rain this Sat.$ Sun. Anyone go to the ramp to see what was brought in? How high is the water? Is the mud going to be a factor for this weekend? Spring has arrived get your Gor-tex out.

Post Thanks / Like

It levels the field

It will definetely have an impact on the fishing, from prior to the rains. Anyone who pre-fished can throw out anything from that.

It all depends on how the river is changing the temperature in the lake. Possibly fishing up river in the mud and current will be better, but you never know.

If not, I would just try throwing a spinnerbait at wood and hope to get lucky. At least when you are throwing a spinnerbait, it keeps you warmed up. Dragging a jig craw or a worm all day and not getting bit can be demoralizing.

With 180 boats out there though, somebody is going to bring some fish in.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: It levels the field

The lake has raised 2.5 - 3ft. and is so muddy you could farm it. It will definitely make it tough tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Rain,,,, Rain,,,, Rain ,,,,at Pokata

"If' I were fishing Patoka this weekend, I would fish the buck brush, with a jig, worm, or a plastic minnow. Flood waters equals,,, new wood and brush,,,,That equal's bass, they have to move up with the water. Any thoughts?

Anyone see how many were caught today?

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka is up almost 4ft from last month. They received over 4" of rain fall in the last few days. The lake was at or around 532 last month and it now at 536.6ft asl.

Now that is a dramatic lake level change for Patoka.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

RE: It levels the field

I just heard on the 6:00 p.m. indy. news station,,,, Orange County has decleared a state of emergency for the whole county. You will be arrested if caught driving unless your police ,medical, or fire. All of this because of the weather this weekend. Any more information from the folks around Patoka would be welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like

while returning home this morning from patoka after a tournament was cancelled we encountered 2-4 feet of water covering the streets in west baden......the road from hucks fuel to lanes motel had about 2-3 feet of water and the police had it shut down.....lots of water with no where to go....will take days to recede

Post Thanks / Like

I hopes the flooding is gone by next weekend. I'll be down there Friday, Sat, Sun.

Post Thanks / Like

8:00am local weather gave the level at 338.?? two feet above summer pool

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Patoka this morning, Tues 3/14 and it is higher than I have seen it in a long time. I saw it Sunday while the rain was coming in and the creeks were flowing pretty good. It rained more later on Sunday. I just checked and the level is 539. The water was still very muddy, at least around Fleming Creek and South Lick. I did not fish--had some work to take care of. I would hope the fishing would be great this spring with the level going up as is has-at least that is what I keep telling myself. Good luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm,

This question is for those that live around Patoka, Has history shown us, "When the water level is that much increased, the corps of engineers will lower the level back to winter pool as fast as they can?"

"IF" they lower the level quickly, thats a sure way to give the fish "lock jaw" for the next three weeks.

Anyone remember? how it has been done in the years past?

Post Thanks / Like

chance of that happen? NONE...they will release some but slowly later and not any time soon, where would the water go? the river and creek are already flooded. A lake the size of Patoka that quickly drop 7ft will cause flooding.