Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New Feature on Fishin.com

Hello everyone.

My name is Danny, and I’ve been a member of fishin.com for several years.

Recently, I was looking for some specific lures that are no longer made in a particular color. Fortunately, some other posters had some of the lures I was looking for and offered to send them to me. I offered to trade them some lures for the ones they were sending, or to pay them. From this an idea was born……

“The Community Tackle Box”

This is a new forum that Jim has set up on this site for us. The forum can be accessed through the main contents page, or by using the following link:

http://www.fishin.com/cgi-bin2/dcfor...um=DCForumID42

So, if you have any tackle that you just aren’t using, or if you are looking for some specific tackle, please visit this new forum and post your request. Be specific in your descriptions of what you are looking for, or what you have to offer. So far we have already had several trades made, and this was before the board was created. I’ve already made the first post for some reels Jim D. is looking for. Remember, the tackle can be offered for trade or for sale.

We do ask though that if you run a tackle company, that you not advertise your inventory. We will be forced to delete such advertisements. Now if you wish to advertise with fishin.com, we can arrange that by working with Jim D. and Peter.

If this site becomes successful, we are considering adding a page where pictures of the tackle can be posted.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: New Feature on Fishin.com

I think this is an excellent idea.might be able to find some decent deals and give some.hope it catches on.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-06 AT 06:12AM (EST)[/font][p]Thanks Jimmy...

Just check out your tackle box, and see if you have any "extra" stuff you want to move. I've got a bunch of Timber Tiger crankbaits that I haven't used since I bought them. I'll probably add them, but need to get them inside to where I can give proper descriptions.

I'll be out fishing today... and do have one timber tiger tied on, but it is not in the first 6 rods I have ready to use...LOL

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I don't throw to many crankbaits but have a bunch I'd trade or sell cheap also I have a 3 piece copper "cane pole" if anyone
    is interested or might have any knowledge about.I don't remember
    how I came to have it but I believe it's older than dirt.
    My e-mail is jlsmall@verizon.net.

SpotDawg

Post Thanks / Like

Many web based forums on the net have the abilty to host uploaded photos or to show a picture by linking to a server where the picture is stored. HTML or IMG

Wish that fishin.com had this ablity. I like storing pictures on photobucket's web site for free and linking to them in posts. A picture is worth more than a thousand words.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny,

This is a great new idea. I like it a lot. I got some old reels I would like to trade.

Also, you know this is another idea I had. Some websites play music while your viewing their pages. I wondered if you guys would consider playin music while we were on fishin.com ?

I would like to hear Glenn Campbell's "Wichita Linesman", played over and over all the time. I can't afford to buy the whole album just for one song, so maybe you guys could do it.

Chigger

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Phil could be a friend to you Chiggar.

Post Thanks / Like

OK,

What about Galveston? or Gentle on My Mind? if I can't get Glen Campbell streaming on here, I would settle for the Nickleback song "Animals".

Do you think back in the 60's Glen used Vitalis? A little dab il do ya, a handful even better. Windy day on the water, no problem with Vitalis.

Vitalis, the official hair care product of B.A.S.S. I think Skeet Reese uses it.

Chigger

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-06 AT 01:46PM (EST)[/font][p]This message board has the ability to post pictures using the IMG tags, however, the admistrators have turned off that feature for some reason.

I think it would be nice to see pictures of items people are referring to, and also pictures of the fish people are catching.

Post Thanks / Like

New postings, and some additional insight

Hey, come on over to the new board, there are several new postings looking for both baits and terminal tackle. Bring your stuff for trade or sale, and also post what you may be looking for.

As for posting pictures. Jim and I talked about this at length. Peter is concerned about letting everyone just post their own pics as it would be so easy to get some very inappropriate stuff on the board. This is a family site, and Peter and Jim really want to make sure it stays clean. I've offerred to let people send me pictures and I would post them. I know Jim is very busy as this is not his only site, and would need some help making sure we don't get the wrong pictures posted.

As for the music, send Jim an email. I personally would not like it. Not because I don't like Glen Campbell, but because I am on dial up as I live in the country, and as such, I don't want anything eating up band width and slowing down my performance on the web. Also, I woudl think there would be some type of copyright issues and costs involved.

But, send Jim an email, and run the idea by him.

I hope this helps some of the questions in this thread.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

top of mind, top of board...LOL...

Just a reminder... come on over and offer up some trades of old stuff, or of stuff you are looking for.

Danny