Search Fishin.com

Thread: West Boggs Help

Post Thanks / Like

West Boggs Help

My cousin and I are going to Boggs this weekend. I was wondering if any locals or anyone that fishes the lake could give me some friendly pointers. I am looking to catch some bass, if possible. I have fished there once, last year this time, and did O.K. thanks for the help Nick

GRR Guest

RE: West Boggs Help

I'd say it'd be hard to get skunked at Boggs right now. Just about any bank and presentation is going to produce. I'd say it'll be busy with tourneys all 3 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you already got some good advice on fishing the points. The lake also has several places with extensive rip-rap, including the main causeway. Another little secret there is that about 40 feet east of the center of the main causeway is a 36" pipe the allows water to flow under the road even when the water level is below the tunnel floors. There is often a little current coming from that pipe, and I've seen it produce some interesting fish. I'd always try it while working the rip-rap there. When you get to the place where the road is at it's lowest point, just turn around and cast away from the raod instead of toward it.

Post Thanks / Like

was at boggs monday put 10 12 to 14 inch crappie in the boat and a 7lb 2oz and a 5lb largemouth throwed the bass back hope to hook them again someday