Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Open Tournament Ohio River

There will be an open tournament Sat May 13. Out of the Yankeetown boat ramp on Little Pigeon creek. Starting time is 6:30am. Entry fee is $60 per boat....for more information contact Pat Green at 812 306 6888.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Open Tournament Ohio River

bump

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Ohio River "UP" with all this rain?, will you let us know if it gets too high to fish for the tournment. With the price of gasoline I hate to drive 50 miles and the tournment has been called off. Thanks for the heads up about the open.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the COE forcast the river is going to rise to 18' by Fri. (tomorrow) then start a slow fall. The only problem is that the ramp at Yankeetown is a low ramp. We will check the ramp a couple of times today and tomorrow and see how it is looking and will post here if there is a problem.......If we have to move we will let you know....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don:

Thanks for the Heads UP. When you say it's a low ramp do you mean it's low in elevation and subject to being submerged or do you mean it's a low angle ramp that makes you have to back way down the ramp to get the boat to float of the trailer?

I have been to this ramp a few times but never launched from it before.

Also beware that last year the Conservation Officers Vehicle was vandalized at this launch ramp. You guys may want to station someone at the parking lot to watch over the vehicles.

Where will the weigh in be? At the launch ramp parking lot? If so that covers the above. LOL

Also how many parking spaces are there at this launch ramp?

And what are the entry fees?

I would love to know more about the creek and how it's depth is effected when the river is rising and falling.

It looks pretty fishey to me. I need to pay more attention to the water levels when I check out this launch ramp.

How far is it to the nearest gas station by water? I suspect that French Island is upriver just a few miles or less and people can gas up there.

Do you guys fish the creek or the River for bass? I am only interested in this creek for crappie since I don't bass fish that much anymore. While I don't fish tournaments I do pay attention to the varous tournaments to see how the fishing is doing.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

The ramp is low in elevation, however, the Corps must have made an error in their forecast. In their revised forecast at 2:00pm today they are saying that the river will only reach about 15.5' so that will be of little consequence at the ramp. Hope everyone will come up to Yankeetown this Sat 5/13 and go fishing with us....information on the tourny can be found in post above....