Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Greene-Sullivan State Forest

Looking to do some primitive camping this weekend with a some fishing opportunities. Thinking about Greene-Sullivan. Can anybody help me out? Own a 9.9 hp johnboat. Good lakes to fish for bluegill, crappie? Shore fishing too? Good camping spots? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Greene-Sullivan State Forest

You can not use your 9.9 there. It is all electric motor only. The best place to camp is at #26 reservoir campground. It is a very nice place to camp. That is where I always stay. There is a bait store about 1 mile up the road to get bait adn firewood to use also. If the gills are still on teh nest, the best place to go would be airline lake. Launch at the North ramp. Go across the lake and to your left a little. The flats back in there is where the large redears adn gills like to spawn. You can also go to Lonnie lake. Go all the way to the end of the lake from the ramp. The lake bends to your left. Back in there is a cive to your right. The bigger fish like to spawn there. I hope this helps a little. Be sure to post how you do. I am thinking about going down in 2 weekends from now.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Greene-Sullivan State Forest

I was down there about three weeks ago.The bluegill bite was excellent.Crappie bite was decent.Bass lake is a good lake to start in the morning.(We caught about nine or ten nice crappie).In the afternoon the wind blows you off the lake.Find the stickups in ten foot of water and fish right in the middle of them.Just about every lake we fished had bluegills biting on them.Fish next to the bank anywhere from 1' to 3' foot deep.Like I said it had been about three weeks but thats what was going on then.Hope this helps and let us know how you did when you get back.I may be going back soon.