Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Brush Creek Update

The North Vernon Plain Dealer & Sun has a good update on the ongoing work on the Brush Creek dam. I can't wait until they get this place back up to normal pool. It used to be a really good fishery.

This link will probably only be good for a week or so and there is no link directly to the story. If the article isn't on the home page, click on the local news and it should be there for a week or so.

www.northvernon.com

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Brush Creek Update

Fishing in brush creek has been outstanding this year,i know guys that have been absolutely wearin out the bass.Lots of really good fish in the 2-4 pound range have been caught all year,mostly in the upper end.Its slowed down some in the past few weeks with the water temps gettin up there but you can still catch em good early and late.Great time to just go and check out the structure and cover while its down also.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Brush Creek Update

"THANK YOU" for the up date, Thank you Indiana, and the workers whom are fixing the dam.

Not many know this,,, but the Indiana state record bass was caught out of Brush Creek back in the 1960's by "Buck" Horton, he got that big ol fish on a night crawler. If you want to see that bass it is mounted and is hanging on the wall, at Millers Bar in North Vernon. They also have the Indy Star news story framed next to the fish with a photo of "Buck" and the bass.
    Also they filmed a Bill Dance fishing show on that water back in the 1970's

PLEASE keep us posted that don't live in Southern Indiana any more, as to when the water level returns to normal in Brush Creek
    I would like to take my Great grand kids fishing to the spot that I fished as a 10 year old kid.