Search Fishin.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: Indiana tournament fees

I can't exactly argue the post you made but it sure doesn't seem like Mitch is doing anything to correct the problem. Maybe if they would quit skimming money out of the DNR budget the CO's could start doing some more things and hold fee's steady.
    By the way, all the ramps that were supposed to "close" at Monroe are still open and still being attended to. At least they are still mowed and the bathrooms still have toilet paper. The closings never really happened at Monroe.
    Eric H.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Mike, and TeamNine here. Good to see that we have some people with good sense on this board. Thanks guys for stating the obvious. We need to say that from time to time to reinforce that there are many types of people who fish and help pay the state costs of maintaining the state fisheries.

Heck I went out last night and spend 135 bucks on fishing gear. Now the Pittman and or Dingle Act will cost me a few more tax dollars on that stuff but it's for a great cause.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Vote to get rid of our current Governor and you will see that money better spent by our DNR people on the IN recreational resource.

Right now all the DNR guys are telling me that their budget is being stolen to pay for OTHER State of IN agencies. That's not right and should be stopped immediately.

Our DNR could pay for it's own if the powers that be would let them.

Other than that I too wish that more of the money would have been spent on things we fishermen can actually see.

For example boat ramps or courtesy docks at Blue Grass Fish and Wildlife. Or garbage and trash pick at the same or even back up at Patoka. I read two years ago that the locals had to maintain the parking lots and restrooms at some of the Patoka Lake Launch ramp areas due to budget restraints.

Next the governor will be selling off Patoka Lake to the highest bidder. We need a new governor that cares a little more about Recreational activities and not so all much about selling everything to balance a budget.

Hell the darn lottery money should easily fill the politicians pockets with enough money that they can let the tax payers have a little back in return for all the taxes and user fees we have been paying. And you know the state's share of gasoline tax has to have risen dramatically. After all 10% or even 5 % of the tax was raised three times that when gas tripled in price.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.ai.org/dnr/

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/fish/

Copy and paste the above two web addresses. Then look at the fishing surveys on the page that comes up from the second link above or web address.

You will see that Indiana Fisheries Biologist have been very busy trying to manage our State Fisheries. They just need our support.

I am giving this to you since someone said they didn't know what the State was doing for us. With a little bit of research we can see what they have been doing and what they plan to do.

It's very easy to take a look at this from time to time to "GET IN THE KNOW".

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose,

The Governor has nothing to do with budgets or re-appropriations of budgets. That is the state house of reps. You know the guy down the street that goes up to Indy for the fall and spring.

What has Mitch Daniels Sold off? Did we loose a county to Michigan that I was unaware of? Did Chicago buy Gary? Henderson purchased Evansville? Or are you talking about a Toll Road that was leased to a management company?

I think you need to take the leftist blinders off and understand the reality of the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I took civic 101 and then some so I don't need to be told who does the budget. I have also worked in government and know a few things about who does the budgets. The IN Senate and House are both controlled by the Party of the present Governor. They work together to set the budgets mate. Don't ever forget that!

So maybe you didn't understand the gist of what I was saying. Now maybe you will see that I meant the IN republican party that's in total control of our state governemnt.

As for the tourism I was talking about well let me clarify that. Since we were talking about tourism on a Fishing discussion form I was talking about tourism from fishing and hunting and camping.

And those same guys that stop in to eat breakfast at 4:30 am will be mostly regular fishermen not always tournament guys. Many people go out to eat breakfast and buy minnows before they head to the still dark lake. I use to fish weeks at a time and always bought my breakfast at the camp where we stayed. I fished at least 14 days each year on KY lake and sometimes 21 days a year and helped support the economy around that lake. I am not alone. Sure tournament guys attract a lot of attention but they are not there every day like the regular Joe's who keep the mom and pop stores in business thoughout the entire season not for just one weekend.

Ask all the diners sitting at the table what they are going to do after they finish eating and you will see that there are a lot of people that may even be thinking about going for a boat ride or out for some water skiing.

Regards,

Moose1am

Regards,

Moose1am