Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Patoka Info........

I'm headed there tomorrow...........

I caught LOTS of fish there last Thursday......but have not been since the weather blew in.....

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Bad Day.........Truck Broken INTO

Guys,

Be careful at Patoka..........Not trying to be alarmist or anything, but my truck, a BEATUP OLD 1997 PIECE of CRAP truck was TRASHED today for a CHEAP MP3 Player.

* Broken Window
    * Ripped out DASH
    * Tore out Crossover and Amps
    * Ripped out MP3 Player
    * Ripped out Sub
    * Stolen PDA and Camera Phone

LOTS and LOTS of DAMAGE.........

If I catch the SOB, I will personally tear him a new a$$hole.

BTW........I heard through the grapevine that MANY vehicles were hit ALL around the property from Walls, Newton, and mine at Little Patoka.

BTW....BTW.......$500.00 reward for info leading up to the arrest of the scumbags responsible.......Also, I will give up my right to BEAT the living CRAP out of the scumbag to any takers.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Bad Day.........Truck Broken INTO

Sorry to hear about your trouble, that's s..cks! I can see why those ramps except Newton South were targeted because they're kinda remote and there not too many people around this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your insurance will help you out some. Ray Rigby had a tackle box taken out of his boat during a weigh-in at Painter's creek a few years ago.
    Eric H.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Heads up. Sorry to hear that your truck was damaged and things were stolen. Makes me want to get a tank or something that they can't get into easily. I read where someone down by Yankeetown,IN attacked the DNR vehicle and Trailer while it was parked on a remote launch ramp parking lot down by the Ohio River near the ALCOA plant. If they are not afraid to destroy DNR vehiles then what is this world coming too.

I have not been up to Patoka Lake since last spring. High gas prices are keeping me close to home. I had thought about one more trip this fall but this thread give me pause.

This story reminds me of a film showing bears in the National Parks breaking into vehicles to get food. Our vehicles are not a safe place to store valuables even when there are not bears around.

I hope that they catch the thief and that they have to pay restitution and get what they deserve.

There are still some good people out there. The other day I found out that my mom went to the store and left her purse on the top of her car as she drove to the store. Her purse was later found in the middle of the road by a young man. He called my mom and told her that he had her purse and she got it back. But someone stole 60 dollars in cash out of mom's purse. Anyone could have picked up the purse and taken the money before the young man found the purse. I told my mom that she is lucky that she got her ID and all the other papers back. The 60 bucks can be replace a lot easier than the drivers liscence, social security card, medical insurance cards etc. But she was still upset about loosing the money. LOL

Be careful where you park your car or leave your wallet these days.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

That is why I have an AR-15 in the rod box, and a Glock .40cal shouldered to my fishing vest.

At least if I can see the parking lot, hot lead down range.

Post Thanks / Like

Geezz! what are you preparing for topwater? in case you run into Jaws? :o I've never heard of anyone packing heat in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever been fishing in Louisiana? Seen the movie Southern Comfort?

Ever seen the movie Deliverance?

Ever seen the movie Falling Down?

Seriously, my Colt AR-15 cost $1000 brand new in 1999, and my Glock costs $570 brand new. You think I am going to leave that in the truck when it is in the most vulnerable parking lot.

These theives know you are out on the lake all day, when you get back they are long gone. I would rather me keep the guns in the boat.

There is no such thing as "too much firepower". Ask the boys in Iraq.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older buddy who got robbed out on the Ohio river one night while anchored, catfishing. 3 young big drunks pulled up in an old john boat, no numbers on the boat, took their money, poles, tackle and cooler. This is why I always carry my Taurus 38 spl. at night while fishing. Never leave your gun in a parked vehicle, chances are better it would get stolen from there....

CatFan96 Guest

RE: Any Patoka Info........

When I launch, if there is anybody remotely suspicious at the ramp or in the lot( e.g no boat, or just hanging around), I run down the lake a little ways in the opposite direction of where I'm going, get things rigged, then run by the ramp and have a look-see at the truck. I also write down their license/registration numbers before I leave.
    My dad lost all his gear once camping near Little Patoka ramp, and a friend of his had everything stolen out of his boat while he was gone to get his truck. There was a white van parked at the top of the ramp when he tied up, and as soon as he was out of sight, they grabbed everything they could off his boat and were long gone before he got back.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been staying at Patoka Lake Village overnight, one night a week for the last three weeks and will be back again this Thurs. and Fri. nights. Been fishing like a fool, and catching about as many fish as a fool would expect to take. Anyway I've been using Osborne to launch because of the close proximity to the cabin. I guess any ramp lot is vulnerable but Osborne does have that great fishing pier and there are usually people fishing on it. That may make it a little more secure since there is a greater risk of being seen and or heard trying to break in. Food for thought, and may the lowlifes get what they so richly deserve!

Also would appreciate help with at least one thing about the fishing. My oldest boy and I spent the last hour of decent light chasing jumps in the wide basin just east of the 145 bridge. In these jumps no fish were jumping up and through the jump where we could see them but the shad were obviously panicking. We did a great job of shutting off and floating within casting range - the shad were still boiling. We both were throwing Husky Jerks in shad colors past and through the boil, and along side of them. Not one hit. I really expected that whatever they were, whites or stripers would have given us at least one hit. Any thoughts? Maybe something proven like a silver minnow with split pork trailer? Or does my sh*&^y luck just continue? BTW I drive a new blue and silver Tracker 175 / 50hp Merc. Big guy at the helm. If you see me swing by and say hi. I'd enjoy meeting any of you. God Bless you and the bites.

Tracker Jon

Post Thanks / Like

In today's world, always be prepared to defend yourself. It will happen in an instant.

I had 3 black males start walking to my Jeep last week when I pulled up to an ATM machine at the gas station only 6 blocks from my house. When they noticed I wasn't taking my eyes off them, they kept on going and went inside the convenience store.

Little did they also notice I had reached for and had my Glock in my right hand as I rolled the window up with my left. I should have called the police, but I knew they couldn't do anything about it.

I also heard about commercial fishermen pulling shotguns on guides down on Lake Guntersville, accusing them of destroying their gill nets in the area.

One of the B.A.S.S. anglers was given a ticket for cutting a gill net out of his prop and throwing it on the bank at Guntersville, he would not have if he just cut it out and left it in the water, but he didn't want another boat to snag in it.

Gary Klein was even shot at when the Classic was held in New Orleans last year. Some ole redneck on a bayou was mad about the B.A.S.S. boats going full throttle in "his" bayou.

I also had a friend of mine get a Chevy Suburban stolen at Knoxville, Tennessee when he was out on the river. The theif was nice enough to leave the boat trailer.