Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

truck broken into

Went fishin at Patoka Lake this morning Lick Fork ramp got there about 6:30am .
    Slipped getting in the boat and cut my knee.
    Couldn't find a bass did find some feeding stripers
    lost three top water baits to them -got one in the boat 11.4 lbs. what a fight in the timber.
    Got back to the ramp to find rear passenger door window shattered on my truck. All they got was a $20.00 spotlight laying on the back seat they never opened the door just reached in. I understand there were several others thefts at different ramps this morning.
    Report was made to CO.
    Oh well it could of been worse I could have missed that one striper.
    Just watch out for each other at the ramps if it don't look right get a plate number or a description of the vehicle and let the CO's know. They made arrest on some of the other thefts coupl three years ago. Lets be an extra set of eyes when we are out hunting and fishing it may lead back to your stolen property some day.
    By the way DNR property employee found mind and left note on windshield to contact Law Enforcement to make report,

Post Thanks / Like

RE: truck broken into

I had my truck broken into at South Lick Fork 3 years ago when I was practically living out of my truck while staying with family until I moved. They shattered my drivers side window and cleaned out my change and stole my radar detector. Idiots left about $1200 worth of Craftsman Professional tools and $1000 worth of Callaway golf clubs in the back of my Explorer!!! Although, I was ticked that my truck got broken into, it was almost comical what they left behind. Only thing I could figure is that they heard me pull up in the boat and ran before they could get the good stuff.

Police report filed, but nothing ever came of it and to my knowledge nobody was ever arrested. Moral of the story...be careful at marinas and boat ramps. Park under lights and don't leave anything of value in vehicles because there are some really dumb thieves hanging around at Patoka.

Doc

Post Thanks / Like

RE: truck broken into

this sort of stuff seems to happen too often...you are right cajun, we really need to look out for each other when we park around lakes...my car was broken into about 4 weeks ago on geist reservior while me and 2 friends were night fishing below the dam...i drive an 84' olds and they smashed in the little window behind the operating window and let themselves into the car and cracked my dash all up and stole my sterio/cd player, cds, ashtrey, and the cigarette lighter of all things, it looked like they were trying to trace the wires back to the speakers but they must have seen headlights or something and booked...these people are pretty pathetic...it really##### when these things happen when your trying to get out on the water and relax and enjoy the outdoors...well, good luck to everybody out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: truck broken into

Meth addicts! Drown them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raporter View Post
    Meth addicts! Drown them.
    Good idea - time to add some chlorine to the gene pool!

With the economy the way it is I was afraid the break-ins might start up on Patoka again -we all need to look out for each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricSLT View Post
    Good idea - time to add some chlorine to the gene pool!

With the economy the way it is I was afraid the break-ins might start up on Patoka again -we all need to look out for each other.

The stuff they are using is like clorine, just works to slow.

Post Thanks / Like

htis thread is about 6 years old...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Had me fooled until you made the post pointing out the mistake. Good to know that these thieves are probably still in jail. At least they are not currently breaking into people's vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    this thread is about 6 years old...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I just leave my doors unlocked and take anything valuable with me. Saves the window from getting broke and they are free to look around if they want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter sf150sx View Post
    I just leave my doors unlocked and take anything valuable with me. Saves the window from getting broke and they are free to look around if they want.

The idiots probably never try the door handle and go straight to bashing windows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98zr2 View Post
    The idiots probably never try the door handle and go straight to bashing windows
    Yes, had someone try to pry my utility bends open on my truck....they never got in. all they had to do is push the buttons..they were unlocked.

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought about taking a BIG NASTY DUMP in a tackle box and leaving it in the back of my truck for the thieves to snatch up. Would be better if you could devise some type of spring loaded poop flinger that would sling it all over the place just as soon as the lid is opened.