Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Monroe Bass fishing report

Got out of the deer stand for a while Saturday and headed over to Monroe. Fished from 9-1 and caught three keepers and several shorts. One keeper went about 18 inches other two were 15 inches. Fish were shallow, but near deep water. Lake is about 3-4 feet low. Pretty neat to drive around and check out some of the shallow water structure.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Monroe Bass fishing report

Had a club tourney there on saturday,really good weigh in,almost everyone caught fish.First place was 5 fish that weighed 15 1/2 pounds,had a couple of 5 pounders weighed in and quite a few 3's.We caught all our fish shallow,12 inches of water or less on buzzbaits and frogs in 58 degree water,had another good day.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Monroe Bass fishing report

Went to Monroe today, got there late on the water at 1:30pm due to in-decision on whether to even go. The sun popped out in Terre Haute so I hit the road. When I got to Monroe, all the sunshine was gone.

Fished Ramp Creek and caught one bass 18" long on about the 15th cast of the day on a Booyah spinner bait. Fished almost the entire Ramp Creek bay, no other bites.

Ran all the way to the dam found some coontail weeds off the dam to throw at, nothing doing.

Ran back down to fish the riprap on the Causeway, couldn't even get snagged on anything. Time was up, 5pm and running out of light.

In the words of Gerald Swindle... Three Thousand Seven Hundred and Fifty Two casts!!! CAN YOU FEEEEL IT???

I didn't feel so bad, nobody else (all three of us) on the lake was catching anything either.

At least on the way home, Red Lobster had an all you can eat shrimp special.

What happened to the White Castle on 46? My buddy was heart broken that we didn't see a White Castle on the way to the lake.