Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fall fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Fall fishing.

How is the fishing in your neck of the wood lately? Around here it has been terrible. I've found non-keeper bass in the shallow but no biggun. I've been cranking deep until my wrist hurt but come up with nothing, couldn't get them to take any plastic either or jig.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fall fishing.

Been pretty slow from what I'm hearing. I mostly fish Geist and most people that I've talked to on the water say it's been slow.

Post Thanks / Like

The spinner bait was still working last week, and I put the boat up maybe for good Saturday. I haven't winterized it yet, didn't think it would get to 23 degrees tonight. I hope I don't have any water in the lower unit.

The wind today is howling and I expect this major cold snap to really put an end to the spinner bait or crankbait bite.

I will be switching to using small 1/16 oz crappie jigs with 4" Berkley Bungee power baits in pumpkinseed color. I also will probably only fish small strip pits the rest of the year. I look for the ones most people don't fish, about 3 acres or less. I might even stoop to targeting redear and bluegill with live bait. Anything to get a bite and filets are excellent table fare this time of year.

Going down to a small 14' Landau jon with just a trolling motor.
    Its hard to put the bass boat up, but the 10 day forecast has no 50F days in it at all, with multiple days low below 32F.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Lemon on Monday. Boated 8, and we both missed very good ones on suspending Rogues around whatever weedline is available. Water temp was 52 before the cold snap.